Phantom 2 won't engage motors when using spare battery

Reaction score
I recently took my phantom 2 into the shop to get the gimbal fixed, it was fixed and recalibrated and the guys in the shop kindly updated the firmware on the phantom. Since then I've not been able to use any spare batteries, I get one flight and then insert the spare, I go through usual start up lights but when they flash green and I pull the sticks inwards and down, the lights start to flash red and the motors wont engage. It's def not the battery as i have swapped them over and it only happens after either battery has been drained and replaced with another full one. Usually I can put in either battery the next day and it starts up fine but the problem recurs after a single flight. Im sure it must be the firmware but wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the same issue? If so what was the best solution? Thanks

Tell us about the process you follow to swap the batteries after the first successful flight.

Switch off dead battery, slide out, put new one in and switch on, I usually remember to switch off the rc but not always and it doesnt seem to make a difference

That process sounds okay.

All of the known flashing red light patterns are battery related. Did you try cleaning your battery contacts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers