Phantom 2 wobbling in flight?

Reaction score
Was out flying the last couple of days, day 1 I used the white dampeners on the H3-3D and in overcast conditions they worked OK, some slight jello here and there but nothing too bad.

The next day was bright sunlight and the jello was much worse. Swapped the dampeners out for the really soft black ones and now the whole phantom shakes and wobbles during flight, like the gimbal can swing about a little underneath or something. The footage is somehow ROCK solid, but the phantom itself looks like it's shaking itself to death.

Anyone had this? Fix?

I guess that's what the gimbal is for! haha.

Have you tried doing a full calibration? Mine was unsteady for one flight and I took it back to calibrate and it seemed to reduce the effect quite a lot, the rest of it so far I've put down to the winds gusting through where I was test-flying. I'm just about to charge up and give it another run as there's not a breath where I am today.

Captain Salty said:
Was out flying the last couple of days, day 1 I used the white dampeners on the H3-3D and in overcast conditions they worked OK, some slight jello here and there but nothing too bad.

The next day was bright sunlight and the jello was much worse. Swapped the dampeners out for the really soft black ones and now the whole phantom shakes and wobbles during flight, like the gimbal can swing about a little underneath or something. The footage is somehow ROCK solid, but the phantom itself looks like it's shaking itself to death.

Anyone had this? Fix?

Drop your gains from 125% to 100%

Drone996 said:
Captain Salty said:

Anyone had this? Fix?

Drop your gains from 125% to 100%

Yeah - that was my first thought but then I talked myself out of it. I'll give it a try now. Cheers

Dropped the gains to 100 (they were 120) this appeared to lessen the severity of the shaking - but the phantom was drifting around and needed constant input (ATT Mode) to hover in zero wind.

Tried some carbon props, this also seemed to improve the shaking, but ever so slightly.

It seems with the soft H3-3D dampeners, the gimbal can pendulum side to side / front to back and the weight shift causes the phantom to tilt to one side, then the Naza inputs to keep it level, which pendulums the gimbal to the other side and then it just goes back and forth like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20