Phantom 2 with HD-3D phantom landing gear showing?

Reaction score
So I have had this issue ever since I first got my prebuilt phantom 2 with the Zenmuse HD-3D gimbal, basically if I rotate the phantom to the right I see the left landing gear in my video, is there a way to prevent this from happening by calibration or is this just a downside for this sort of combo? I read about replacing the landing gear on the phantom for a wider version but I wanted to ask and see if there is anything else I could do before resorting to that.

you can run your GoPro in a resolution that supports Medium fov instead of Wide... like 1080 or 2.7k
I do most of my filming in 1080 medium and almost never see any of the Phantom in frame

I have a GoPro Hero 3+ that I borrowed from a friend until my Hero 4 comes and I didn't really look much into the settings, had no clue you could do that. I will do a test flight right now but from early testing with moving the Phantom with my hand I can no longer see the landing frame or the propeller housings. Thanks!

If you have an apple device (not sure about Android) the gopro app is very nice for editing settings. makes it super easy to navigate as opposed to using the buttons on the gopro.
Just don't forget to turn the gopro's wifi OFF before you fly!

so ya try out 1080p medium FOV @ 60fps in my opinion that setting makes really great Phantom videos, nice and smooth due to higher framerate

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4