Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 with Go Pro 5?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by Carl1770, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Carl1770

Might be a bit early in the piece to ask the question but here goes. I have a P2 which I've recently bought a DJI Zenmuse H4-3D 3-Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal for (not yet installed). The seller assured me that this gimble will work with the P2, (can anyone confirm this?) But mainly I was wondering if the new GoPro Hero 5 camera which doesn't have the bulky case might be able to work with this setup? Any comments appreciated!

2. Mako79

For FPV? it wont work. Why??
    The GoPro 5 uses a USB type C connector. The previous Gopro's used a 10 pin mini USB. Unless DJI or a third party company creates a type C connector/converter to replace the part 56 found on the H33D and H43Ds, you have no other options but to use a Hero 4/3 or maybe ditch DJI and Karma up!

"The removable battery and microSD card slot are hidden in the bottom, while the USB type-C port and micro HDMI port are hidden behind a flap on the right. The large recording button sits on the top."
    GoPro Hero5 Black vs Hero5 Session: What's the difference? - Pocket-lint

Edit: Or maybe modify the micro HDMI out port and wire directly to the transmitter.

On a final note, GoPro are being a bag of cocks lately by doing firmware updates to block TV out on their GoPros. I am not sure if the Hero 5 has been firmwared this way..

#2 Mako79, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. Carl1770

Yeah, anything to get you buying later equipment I guess. I was planning to use the P2 as a dedicated over water bird to save wetting my P4 and I could also find other uses for a GoPro 5. So would a GoPro 3 or 4 work on my gimble and connect ok? I'm thinking there will plenty of these hitting the market in the coming months as people upgrade! Many thanks for your expertise on this issue, very much appreciated.

4. jason

Yes both the GP 3 & 4 will work as the Zenmuse gimbal was designed for GP cameras.

5. CactusJackSlade

I was really hoping to do the same... I wanted the GoPro 5 for the "flat horizon mode" that the new 5 has.

I think the Zenmuse gimbal could be modified and the camera re-balanced... but the connection, as pointed out, will be the key.

Seeing's how GoPro and GJI have been feuding since GoPro forced DJI to stop using the rear port/slot on the early DJI gimbals GoPro will not make it easy to allow connection... and on the flip side I doubt DJI will come out with a Zenmuse "H5-3D"... or would they? ;-).... just to mess with GoPro and take even more biz away from GoPro's Karma?

I am in the same boat, wanting to do SOMETHING with my P2's....

6. nriq87

7. Thedroneman93

8. jason

Sorry but the Hero 5 was not designed to work with a zenmuse gimbal. It's the same with karma you either ordered it with a gimbal for the Hero 5 or Hero 4