Phantom 2 with Futaba 14sg

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am new to this forum and new to Phantom 2 which I recently purchased. I read a lot of info about this drone before I bought it and heard about so called "fly aways". Some users claimed that the reason for these fly aways is the transmitter vulnerable to all 2.4 GHz wi-fi's. To prevent this I also bought Futaba 14 sg to protect my investment. To make myself feel better about my $550 expenditure, I decided to test how much better the range would be with such big, expensive, powerful radio. To my surprise, range is worst by 10% with Futaba and stock Rx and even worst when I install R7008. I am really bummed out about this. Do you have similar experience?

onetech said:
Hello everybody,
I am new to this forum and new to Phantom 2 which I recently purchased. I read a lot of info about this drone before I bought it and heard about so called "fly aways". Some users claimed that the reason for these fly aways is the transmitter vulnerable to all 2.4 GHz wi-fi's. To prevent this I also bought Futaba 14 sg to protect my investment. To make myself feel better about my $550 expenditure, I decided to test how much better the range would be with such big, expensive, powerful radio. To my surprise, range is worst by 10% with Futaba and stock Rx and even worst when I install R7008. I am really bummed out about this. Do you have similar experience?

Not sure how you did your install, but that is not a common result. The Futaba FASST/FASSTest protocol has proven to be an extremely robust link. I have a Futaba 18MZ and have flown it in 4-meter span gliders to the limits of my vision, nearly 1-mile slant range, with full control. BTW - the R7008SB IS the stock RX with the 14SG.

By stock RX I meant the one that is installed in Phantom originally. You can bind Futaba and this receiver.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl