Phantom 2 Went to "mad mode" on landing

Reaction score
A week ago i was flying my drone in a small flight because i was kinda bored and wanted to do something outside. After the flight i landed my drone carefully close to where i departed. One light was shown on the battery then. At the moment i did the command to turn off the rotors the drone suddeny blinked red on all lights and decided to start fly upwards slowly. Then it slowly began to fly towards my house wall 5m away. It didn't respond to anything i did on the controller. When i understood i didn't have controll i ran towards my drone to catch it in the air before it crashed. I went inside our garden tent frame and crashed in one of the frames. It busted 3/4 props and the gopro gimbal almost fell of completely (two of the rubber things disconnected) but the two plastic things you have trough two of the rubber connectors held it in place so it didn't fall off completely. Im not really sure if i was able to catch it before it hit the ground or not. It was kinda dramatic because i have never crashed it before and this is the first expensive drone i have (been flying a cheaper drone 2-3 years before i got this one) and by the look of it i thought everything was broken. But as said i was lucky and it seems the props was the only thing to get busted this time. The gimbal survived the crash witch was one of the things i thought would be busted by it. I bought some new props and it stil seems to work just fine, the engines still works normally but i want to know if this was my foult or a software/hardware issue.

Can repeat what really happened: Landed, the drone was on the ground. Did the sequence on the controller to turn the engines off. Then it all flashed red on the drone (battery had 1 led indicator left) and the drone started to slowly fly uncontrollable away. Is this some sort of fly away? Could it be the low battery? It is the second time i land with the battery going short. I usually land before the battery hits 1 led light left (usually after the 3 led is gone). Should i avoid landing with low battery (1 led)?

What command did you use to turn off the rotors?

Almost sounds to me like a critical low battery combined with a bad home point. I don't know why CSC wouldn't work though. Unless you didn't use it.

For the record, it's not healthy for the battery to habitually fly it down to one lamp. Just sayin'

Almost sounds to me like a critical low battery combined with a bad home point. I don't know why CSC wouldn't work though. Unless you didn't use it.

For the record, it's not healthy for the battery to habitually fly it down to one lamp. Just sayin'
I used the general CSC command i have always used without any problems earlier. It happened at the moment i done the combination. Boths sticks down to the center like in the manual. My drone is an previous vision (rebuilt with gimbal and 2,5GHz controller) so it is basically an P2 now but it stil needs the same CSC combos. I think it could be the low power. Have readed about others this has happened with. One of them was an inspire on low power. And it has always worked like a charm.

Also i think i know that it is unhealthy. It was just this one situation this happened. I usually land with atleast 2 whole lights left. Sometimes with the third light blinking.

Are you sure you did not turn off by mistake the RC before the motors shut down?
Lol yes I'm sure that didn't happen:) might just be some malfunction due to low battery power. Seen similiar accidents linked to that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20