Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D Gimbal not Hovering

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Im really stuck in a rut right now, my phantom 2 dosent hover well at all eve after Advanced and Basic calibrations I'm not sure why. I have the wider extended legs and im about to convert back to the stock ones because they may be the problem. Please help guys ill be more then happy to send pics of the drone if needed.

Did you redo a compass dance after installing the new legs? If you make changes to the Phantom, make sure you do the dance as the magnetic screw drivers can screw with the compass. Is the phantom hovering with a TBE (toilet bowl effect)?
Also, do you have telemetry? can you see the number of sats? Make sure you get more than 7 sats for GPS lock.

Hello guys,
Im really stuck in a rut right now, my phantom 2 dosent hover well at all eve after Advanced and Basic calibrations I'm not sure why. I have the wider extended legs and im about to convert back to the stock ones because they may be the problem. Please help guys ill be more then happy to send pics of the drone if needed.

You may have magnetized the compass when you removed it from one set of landing gear to the other. The mod numbers for the compass IMU should be between 1300/1600 and no higher or lower.
Tools Tab (IMU Cal).jpg

Also check.. I heard there was some government GPS testing on the east/west coast in the US.

Did you redo a compass dance after installing the new legs? If you make changes to the Phantom, make sure you do the dance as the magnetic screw drivers can screw with the compass. Is the phantom hovering with a TBE (toilet bowl effect)?
Also, do you have telemetry? can you see the number of sats? Make sure you get more than 7 sats for GPS lock.
Can you explain what the TBE is? I had not done a compass dance how do I do that?

Can you explain what the TBE is? I had not done a compass dance how do I do that?

Compass dance = compass calibration. Read the manual. Its the very first thing you need to do when you purchase a phantom.
Tbe is toilet bowl effect when the phantom moves in swirling behaviour similar to toilet flush. This is caused if your compass hasnt been calibrated properly or if take off near metal or magnetic influnced places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair