Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 Vision

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by id04265, Mar 7, 2014.

1. id04265

can not get any gps lock... complete firmware upgrade, basic and advanced calibration, mode values always in acceptable range, tried in three different states in US with same result... ran in both phantom and Naza modes with no change... opened up unit to make sure no connection issues... totally frustrated please help!!

2. Pull_Up

How many satellites does the app say your Vision can see?

3. id04265

it has yet to show any satellites at all. the quad lights show less than 5 so I assume it isn't finding any…

4. rfernandez

May be a bad gps antenna..

5. AnselA

Download and install "GPS Status & Toolbox" to your smart device. You can check how many sats your phone/tablet will "see".

6. Pull_Up

Assuming you've not had any crashes then it looks like it could be a GPS unit failure out of the box. If I were you I'd contact your dealer or DJI direct to arrange to have the unit replaced.

7. amrflyingdude

If your phantom is out of warranty and you feel up to the challenge go ahead and open it up and see if the GPS antenna is connected. Usually these antennas are pretty reliable unless damage by a crash. If you are under warranty still in the other hand go ahead and return it.

Did it ever work ok or suddenly just no GPS lock?

8. amrflyingdude

If your phantom is out of warranty and you feel up to the challenge go ahead and open it up and see if the GPS antenna is connected. Usually these antennas are pretty reliable unless damage by a crash. If you are under warranty still in the other hand go ahead and return it.

Did it ever work ok or suddenly just no GPS lock?

9. id04265

I ended up sending it back... I did open it up and checked everything without luck so I assume bad gps unit