Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
So I received a P2V for christmas (nicknamed Muninn), and have done roughly 10-12 flights so far, and have loved every moment, but I get the nagging feeling I should have traded out and up for a v+ before i started logging flights.

I love my vision so far, and am now considering keeping it as a long range bird, but I have already thrown so much at it to make it the platform I was hoping it could me for video, but im now afraid it falls short. That having been said, im no stranger to a soldering iron and am now considering doing a build for my dslr to get some air time for this summer. I'm also looking for advice on other potential changes to wet my wings with fpv during these winter months so i can really get out and fly. I'm seriously considering seeing what this bird will go for, but thats a decision for another time.

Perhaps a depressing first post, and i would love to convert Muninn into a longrange craft as initially intended, but the idea of yaw stabilization is so **** alluring :/

If you can find a used p2v+ on here(I did) or get a aftermarket gimbal for the Vision(plan on doing that myself)
Now I have both and plan on doing mods to both to enhance the fpv and control range
Along with upgrading the gps antenna in both

Ah yes, i neglected to mention it in my initial post, but did hide it in my signature ;). Thus far I have added a rotorpixel gimbal to the pv2, slapped a flytrax 3g on the tail for good measure, and put a proper RE-700 over the sticks to get decent FPV (850ft max so far w/o any hint of video cutout @ full 640,30fps). I have been plotting to add the stage 4 fpvlr kit as well :twisted: still though, i feel as though the yaw stabilization may be the last piece of the puzzle for me.

im so far down the rabbit hole, which is exactly what happens with all my hobbies, maybe i'll just buy a birdie im looking at that's basically pre-equipped for my desired mission and just enjoy the pv2 as ive made her now... or two long range birdies...

Huginn and Muninn said:
Ah yes, i neglected to mention it in my initial post, but did hide it in my signature ;). Thus far I have added a rotorpixel gimbal to the pv2, slapped a flytrax 3g on the tail for good measure, and put a proper RE-700 over the sticks to get decent FPV (850ft max so far w/o any hint of video cutout @ full 640,30fps). I have been plotting to add the stage 4 fpvlr kit as well :twisted: still though, i feel as though the yaw stabilization may be the last piece of the puzzle for me.

im so far down the rabbit hole, which is exactly what happens with all my hobbies, maybe i'll just buy a birdie im looking at that's basically pre-equipped for my desired mission and just enjoy the pv2 as ive made her now... or two long range birdies...

Welcome to the Forum Huginn and Muninn and JIMO I think ya would be happy with just the Stage 3 as It does me very well ;)

dirkclod said:
Welcome to the Forum Huginn and Muninn and JIMO I think ya would be happy with just the Stage 3 as It does me very well ;)

Thanks for the input and the welcome dirk! I'll definitely go all the way too stage 4 for my little girls (so we can visit the moon together), but from what I understand i'll likely find suitable distance without the amps and the amps will stay neatly awaiting their chance to shine!

general01 said:
If you can find a used p2v+ on here(I did) or get a aftermarket gimbal for the Vision(plan on doing that myself)
Now I have both and plan on doing mods to both to enhance the fpv and control range
Along with upgrading the gps antenna in both

Thanks for being my first reply general! I'm with you on the new antenna payload, and that has been an accepted sunk cost to me since i first acquired the phantom and saw its ranged potential with some fpvlr or horizon antennas hooked in. I've also been considering replacing my GPS puck and then doing the copper shielding, but so far I really haven't had sat acquisition issues; except last week trying to fly in a snow storm :shock: maybe not my best decision anyways...

Let's add a little teaser for all - I'll also be buying a new Tx with the gimbal wheel for the upcoming fpvlr mod, and posting some comparative flight videos (rotorpixel vs. stock). Muninn is ready to go exploring with her flytrex!

Sounds great keep us informed about your upgrades and mods

I advise you get the gps antenna upgrade as I have had a very tense flight due to the stock antenna losing all sats as I am coming in for a landing in wind(harder then you would think when your close to trees)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20