Phantom 2 Vision with Wi-Fi, how about Phantom V1

Reaction score
In the instructions of Phantom its said that you should not use any Wi-Fi device with the Phantom. I know that people have had GoPro with wi-fi on attched to Phantom, with no problems.

The new Phantom 2 Vision will include Wi-Fi video transmitter. Phantom 2 Vision uses the same ghz (2.4) for RC.

My question:
1.Why Wi-Fi isnt a problem with Phantom 2 Vision and why it is with Phantom V1 or is it?
2.If Wi-Fi would cause a problem with Phantom what would happen? Would it make Phantom unresponsive to controls or could it even cause Phantom to fly in certain way.

I have Phantom v1.2 and GoPro 3+ Black

The people using the Hero 3 with their Phantoms have the WiFi off on the camera. The Vision works with WiFi because it will be in a different frequency band, 5.8. A WiFi transmitter that close to your Phantom could cause it to lose its connection to your controller, or even fly away.

I inadvertently turned the WiFi of my GoPro H3 on. My Phantom did not fly away, but I'm here to tell ya folks, my Phantom got real squirrely . Lesson learned: check for the little blue light on your GoPro and make sure it isn't on!

Phantom 2 Vision uses 5.8 Ghz for RC not 2.4 gHz
and uses 2.4 GHz for Wifi, DJI changed the RC frequency.

for your question 2, it was not recommended because Phantom has 2.4 Ghz RC, just for safe side.

Miika said:
In the instructions of Phantom its said that you should not use any Wi-Fi device with the Phantom. I know that people have had GoPro with wi-fi on attched to Phantom, with no problems.

The new Phantom 2 Vision will include Wi-Fi video transmitter. Phantom 2 Vision uses the same ghz (2.4) for RC.

My question:
1.Why Wi-Fi isnt a problem with Phantom 2 Vision and why it is with Phantom V1 or is it?
2.If Wi-Fi would cause a problem with Phantom what would happen? Would it make Phantom unresponsive to controls or could it even cause Phantom to fly in certain way.

I have Phantom v1.2 and GoPro 3+ Black

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20