Phantom 2 Vision -WHY 2 ANTENNAS ???

Reaction score
Ok...This seems to be something that people do not understand, and just guess about it. That is why I am asking.

The vision 2 has these antennas:

-1 TX antenna from the controller that controls the phantom and the camera

-2 RX (?) antennas located on the phantom reciever board

-2 RX (?) antennas in the wifi range extender

-2 TX (?) antennas insode the vision camera

The reason I put a question mark on the 3 above is that their function is unclear. I assume that the both assume the same function. In other other words, the 2 antennas on the vision camera, I assume, is the TX the signal back to the wifi extender.

Here are my 3 questions. I want to end the debate.

1. Do they antennas on the board serve the same function? If not, what are thy doing differently?
2. If they serve the same function, are they both used at the same time?
3. In the case of altering the antennas for upgrade, does it matter with jack you use? This depends on the above questions.

as far as I understood ....

Transmitter Controller has one Tx Antenna ->> being received by 2x RX on legs of the P2V

Wifi Extender for phone app connection has 2x TX antenna inside ->> being received by 2x RX inside Camera

Dont you have this backwards? The camera TX images via its antenna to the wifi extender. With the situation you said, there would be no way to receive video.

I think we are both thinking the same in that the pairs are doing the same function. This leads to this question:

If you change an antenna, does it matter which port you use? Why are there 2? Does in average the 2in software? Does it use the stronger?

bonedoc said:
Ok...This seems to be something that people do not understand, and just guess about it. That is why I am asking.

The vision 2 has these antennas:

-1 TX antenna from the controller that controls the phantom and the cameratx antenna aka rubber ducky controls the flight

-2 RX (?) antennas located on the phantom reciever boardthese are the other end of your control signal

-2 RX (?) antennas in the wifi range extenderthese communicate with the camera antennas and are for wifi

-2 TX (?) antennas insode the vision camerathese send the wifi signal to the repeater

The reason I put a question mark on the 3 above is that their function is unclear. I assume that the both assume the same function. In other other words, the 2 antennas on the vision camera, I assume, is the TX the signal back to the wifi extender.

Here are my 3 questions. I want to end the debate.

1. Do they antennas on the board serve the same function?yes If not, what are thy doing differently?
2. If they serve the same function, are they both used at the same time?yes
3. In the case of altering the antennas for upgrade, does it matter with jack you use? doesn't matterThis depends on the above questions

Ok guys, I have some more questions. I wish I could see the schematics on the system.

The wifi repeater has 2 antennas. They are NOT related. One of them sends data telling the camera to tilt. The other is sending back the distance to the repeater. Which is which? Who knows?

I turned my controller off, and this portion still worked, so we know that part of the repeater is controlling the tilt. This seems odd, as the tilt servo is ONLY plugged into the NAZA box. So, somehow, the NAZA is receiving the data on the camera tilt, and it is totally unrelated to the antennas in the camera. In fact, this is very odd, as NAZA is hooked to the 5.8g antennas.

-Which REPEATER antenna tells the camera to move?

-Which REPEATER antenna receives data from the vision?

-Which CAMERA antenna sends video out to the repeater?

-What is the OTHER CAMERA antenna for?

Someone has to know!

Apparently no one really knows for sure. I've pondered these exact questions so I can use the correct antenna for the correct function (RX or TX), but also see threads end with no final resolution. I've emailed DJI numerous times and have not gotten a concrete response (mostly confusion to the question or an auto type reply that they assume relates)... I'm following multiple forums/threads in hopes to get a concrete conclusion to this as well. So far, I think you have worded the question best. It doesn't make sense that both extender antennas do the same thing, as one needs to be RX and the other TX. PLUS, both antennas in camera and extender point in the same direction, which IMO means that they serve different functions, otherwise they'd be positioned/orientated differently (like a Spektrum AR6200 RECEIVER has 2 RX antennas that should be mounted perpendicular to one another. When adding telemetry to a Spektrum system in a heli or airplane, there's a 3rd antenna in that system that functions as a TX to send the data back to the controllers screen, therefore, there are both RX and TX antennas on-board the plane. With the Phantom, there's no way to tell which is doing what, and makes me think that this is the reason some pilots are seeing big improvements with a specific setup and other are not. The person seeing the improvements seemingly (accidentally) hooked up the correct antenna configurations, while the other did not. So before even getting into the RHCP/LHCP discussions and beat antenna types, I agree that you have to know the layout of the OE antenna configurations. I hope someone with the high end equipment is able to figure it out and pass the info along to the rest of us. Sorry so long, I find it so hard to explain this without explaining it in multiple ways, as many assume we're asking about which antennas go to what, rather than which are RX and which are TX from each of those places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen