Phantom 2 vision waypoints app update

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilentAV8R said:
smatty2023 said:
Here is a snapshot from a guy on Facebook who is a beta tester of the new app. There is talk tonight that ita available on the android app, not sure if it's a windup though.

Great. That lays out a nice little flight over a densely populated area about 4 miles off the departure end of John Wayne Airport. So he's a Beta tester for DJI? That nice red zone at the top is the ring around the airport.

So I'll say it. This is a dangerous and irresponsible place to fly a Phantom, or pretty much anything else. Hopefully this is an "example" and not a real flight. My new attitude is that I am no longer going to support foolish flying.

Here's what the satellite view looks like of this flight area.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=33.605059,-117.868538&spn=0.013833,0.020385&t=h&z=16

Like I said, I hope this was an example (a poor one at that) and not an actual flight.

YOUR NEW ATTITUDE IS THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER GOING TO SUPPORT FOOLISH FLYING!!??
What sort of comment is that?? So you used to support it!!?? Or you were a foolish flyer yourself, but got in $h17 at some point which scared the living Cr4p out of you of which you've been converted possibly???

FC40 Pilot said:
SilentAV8R said:
smatty2023 said:
Here is a snapshot from a guy on Facebook who is a beta tester of the new app. There is talk tonight that ita available on the android app, not sure if it's a windup though.

Great. That lays out a nice little flight over a densely populated area about 4 miles off the departure end of John Wayne Airport. So he's a Beta tester for DJI? That nice red zone at the top is the ring around the airport.

So I'll say it. This is a dangerous and irresponsible place to fly a Phantom, or pretty much anything else. Hopefully this is an "example" and not a real flight. My new attitude is that I am no longer going to support foolish flying.

Here's what the satellite view looks like of this flight area.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=33.605059,-117.868538&spn=0.013833,0.020385&t=h&z=16

Like I said, I hope this was an example (a poor one at that) and not an actual flight.

YOUR NEW ATTITUDE IS THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER GOING TO SUPPORT FOOLISH FLYING!!??
What sort of comment is that?? So you used to support it!!?? Or you were a foolish flyer yourself, but got in $h17 at some point which scared the living Cr4p out of you of which you've been converted possibly???

I'm not sure I follow you. When did I ever support foolish flying?? That comment, which is a bit old, was saying that I am no longer going to sit quieting back while I see foolish flying. Sorry I did not make that more clear.

As it turns out the post I was commenting on was simply a demonstration flight that was loaded in to GS but not actually flown. Had it been flown I think it would have been a foolish thing to do.

Before jumping to conclusions maybe read some more of the thread and look up some of my other posts.

Geert said:
Well I do hope that DJI will release the update app soon so that we can discuss this subject rather than discuss each other posts.

;)

Geert.

Well said

Yea I wish they would get there finger out we have been waiting far to long, Was looking on there Dji Global Facebook and they said '
We're almost ready to announce something exciting. Can you guess?
This was not the 19th, like come on talk about dragging it out :cry:

Come on DJI... where is the Way point app for Vision owners?

We're waiting
hDBXqLX.gif

RCRookie said:
Come on DJI... where is the Way point app for Vision owners?

We're waiting
hDBXqLX.gif

I just love the old school analog finger drumming rig... It looks like something you'd find in our factory... Cams 'R us... :D

-slinger

Apparently announced on DJI facebook that waypoint update is here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 306
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members