Phantom 2 Vision water crash

Reaction score
After 2 months of fairly flawless flights, I have crashed my Phantom 2 Vision in a small creek in upstate NY. If was only in 16" of fresh water for about 5-6 minutes from a height of about 30ft. I took out the battery, used a blow dryer. Let the camera portion sit in a bag of rice overnight. I tried to power up with a new battery (I think the old battery may be gone... I let that sit in rice for 10 hours as well).

Minor issue - Video of crash is corrupted and I cannot view.

Major issue - So far my iPhone won't see the Phantom 2 on the WiFi (Phantom not emitting WiFi??)

What do I do? More rice? More time? Submit for repairs??? (if so, where?)

HELP!!!

Lots of people on line will tell you it will be fine.. IMO if it was me I'd write it off and start over. If you are determined to go with that aircraft it will need a lot longer than that to "dry out"

i've fixed several phantoms that have been in fresh and salt water.
if you are interested let me know.

I have explained several times how I fixed mine by stripping it off and blowing it with an air compressor, but apparently that doesn't interest anybody and the rice people always win... :shock: This is not because the Phantom comes from China that it's happy to eat rice...! :lol:

Thank you everyone for the replies. Let me give it some more time and let's see what happens...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4