Phantom 2 Vision VS Phantom 2 and Accessories

Reaction score
Hi All !

I want to buy a drone, and my choice is going to DJI. I have a budget around 1200$ but I want a full solution : drone RTF, remote control, video, hight range and BVR flight.

What is the pros/cons for the Phantom 2 Vision VS Phantom 2 (+my own GoPro 3 + Zenmuse H3-2D + IPAD Ground Station 2.4Ghz DataLink Bluetooth + OSD Mini DJI)

From my reading :

Phantom 2 Vision
+ RTF will all stuf included
+ camera included
- not able to run a programmed itinerary...

Phantom 2 and Accessories :
+ extra range over the 2.4Ghz DataLink
+ BVR flight (with GPS waypoint)
- almost same price than the Vision without a camera

Thanks for you help !

From my experience,

You will be disappointed with the video quality of the Vision camera. Not the picture quality itself, but the lack of a gimbal stabilizing the camera. Once you have shot with a gimbal you will never be able to look at another video without it.

Go for the P2 with all the accessories.

Regarding your pros and cons list - we are expecting a firmware and app update for the Vision in the near future to enable ground station operation including autonomous flight between waypoints. This was announced last month by DJI.

However if rock-steady video is important to you, go with the P2 and gimbal at this stage. Using atti mode and honing your piloting skills will improve the Vision footage somewhat, but it will never be able to compare with a 2 axis brushless gimbal. It depends on what your use will be. Most of us who are happy with our Visions are not looking to produce move-quality video, appreciate the "out of the box" FPV, telemetry and soon ground station features without any additional hardware required.

The Vision has a shorter range than P2 thanks to 5.8GHz control frequency, but on the Vision part of the forum you will find a thread where people are modding wifi extenders to improve fpv range and working to boost the tx range as well if you're into modding and tinkering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers