Phantom 2 Vision + V3

Reaction score
I just ordered my new Phantom it should get here in a weeks time I am hoping. This is my first Phantom so I am excited :)

Good for you just got mine 3 days ago it flys great and the video is great I have also a phantom 2 but this is much better

Did you order it from DJI since they have free shipping?

flyNfrank said:
I got it from a dealer in Australia, they also had free shipping. I got 3 batteries with it.

Here are some photos of my Phantom 2 Vision + V3

138473d1423026454-my-new-phantom-20150204-20150204-shm_1615.jpg

138476d1423026481-my-new-phantom-20150204-20150204-shm_1612.jpg

138477d1423026485-my-new-phantom-20150204-20150204-shm_1611.jpg

138478d1423026491-my-new-phantom-20150204-20150204-shm_1610.jpg

138482d1423026502-my-new-phantom-20150204-20150204-shm_1605.jpg

morph000 said:
muzza22au said:
flyNfrank said:
I got it from a dealer in Australia, they also had free shipping. I got 3 batteries with it.

Who was that, out of curiosity ?

It was http://www.riseaboveaerials.com.au fast service and good customer service as I ordered the ordinary Phantom 2+ instead of the v3 and was able to change the order quickly. And they delivered to Jabiru NT within a week.

Since you did not buy it from DJI I have to warn you it is very important you remove the top cover and see which ESC's your V3 came with. My advice is that you do not fly until you know what you have. Should you notice a v2.1 on the white label on each ESC then you are then safe to fly. If you see anything other then the part number and v2.1 then you need to box it up and send it back to where you got it. If you choose to ignore this advice, then you need to know there is a very good chance your will drop from the sky and crash just like so many of us have experienced already. There was nothing worth saving on mine after it fell from the sky at 237ft altitude. DJI has my quad now.

Attachments

• 1crash30.jpg
    1crash30.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 474
flyNfrank said:
Since you did not buy it from DJI I have to warn you it is very important you remove the top cover and see which ESC's your V3 came with. My advice is that you do not fly until you know what you have. Should you notice a v2.1 on the white label on each ESC then you are then safe to fly. If you see anything other then the part number and v2.1 then you need to box it up and send it back to where you got it. If you choose to ignore this advice, then you need to know there is a very good chance your will drop from the sky and crash just like so many of us have experienced already. There was nothing worth saving on mine after it fell from the sky at 237ft altitude. DJI has my quad now.

They are an authorised dealer shouldn't this mean that they have the same QC guidelines?
But I will have a look and see what ESC's it has.
Cheers

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/dealer

flyNfrank said:
If you choose to ignore this advice, then you need to know there is a very good chance your will drop from the sky and crash just like so many of us have experienced already.
And, if you do choose to open the shell, some DJI employees will tell you your warranty has been voided. It's a catch 22.

muzza22au said:
flyNfrank said:

They are an authorised dealer shouldn't this mean that they have the same QC guidelines?
Cheers

What happens is, it is unknown to you and the dealer what parts are in the quads shipped to the dealer. The parts you should be concerned with just recently started to get installed on the production line. So who knows how recent the shipment of quads to the dealer and/or that dealers location. This part issue kind of makes you wonder when we see the manufacturer put that product on sale, and offer free shipping. $1099 to your door is is pretty cheap when most of us paid $200+ for our quads.

I was thinking if you ordered a V3 from the factory, it would be a much greater chance that you would get the most updated quad.

flyNfrank said:
muzza22au said:
flyNfrank said:

Cheers

I ended up paying around $1800 for my drone, I will call the supplier and see what they say regarding the ESC's.
What happens is, it is unknown to you and the dealer what parts are in the quads shipped to the dealer. The parts you should be concerned with just recently started to get installed on the production line. So who knows how recent the shipment of quads to the dealer and/or that dealers location. This part issue kind of makes you wonder when we see the manufacturer put that product on sale, and offer free shipping. $1099 to your door is is pretty cheap when most of us paid $200+ for our quads.

I was thinking if you ordered a V3 from the factory, it would be a much greater chance that you would get the most updated quad.

flyNfrank said:
muzza22au said:
flyNfrank said:

Cheers

Just spoke with Ben from raise above and he has confirmed that they have new ESC's V2.1 so he has stated that DJI must be aware of an issue, I mentioned to him about warranty if I remove the shell and was given the quote that there is no way they could tell the shell had been removed so it would not void warranty, he also understands that it is better to be safe than sorry. So I will be removing the shell (once I work out how) and will confirm which ESC's I have.

$1800....was that for two of them, or what? Something is not right on that deal.

flyNfrank said:
$1800....was that for two of them, or what? Something is not right on that deal.
Just tried removing the small star headed screws and there is no way that I am able to budge them, I am afraid I will strip the head so am not going to remove the cover.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20