Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 Vision v3.0 self landing issues.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by UAV Pilot 4 fun, Apr 27, 2014.

1. UAV Pilot 4 fun

Just updated my Phantom 2 Vision from the version 2 to the Version 3.0 and since then, if I let the craft land itself, it will come down, and hover on the ground and drift until either I take control or it runs into something. Ran into a car stop in the parking lot, and today, it flipped over on the dirt. In both cases I have damaged my blades because it is not shutting down.

UAV Pilot 4 Fun
    Phantom 2 Vision
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

If you let it land itself? Do you mean that you initiate an RTH sequence?

-slinger

3. UAV Pilot 4 fun

Yes, I did it to demo it's return feature to co-workers in the parking and that was almost a good demo. Then today, I lots it up I the air and I gave it the RTH command, then I went looking for it, and when I came back to the starting point, it had came back home and landed, then flipped upside down before I got back to it.

UAV Pilot 4 Fun
    Phantom 2 Vision

4. UAV Pilot 4 fun

I guess no one else is having this problem, just me :-(

Well I done a recall on the nav, both basic and advanced, and I guess it is time to test it once again.

Phantom 2 Vision
    UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
    Cypress TX

5. Mal_PV2_Ireland

I always hand catch just for this reason, even in rth mode I still catch it because the lighest of breeze can tip it over.

6. 007trains

I had the same issue. It didn't tip over but it did drift into things if I didn't stop it. What i ended up doing is fiddling with the gain settings and that seemed to have fixed it. But the new software does take a while to actually shut off the props but I'd rather that than the silly bouncing it used to do.