Phantom 2 vision unstable flight and then crash

Reaction score
I have the dji phantom 2 vision and have added an extended and wider pair of landing legs as well as 4 new T-Motor V3.O-kv920 motors. I was originally gonna just replace the one bad ccw motor that was spinning at half speed but was sold on the new T-motors and had them installed at a local hobby shop. Well they put two motors in the wrong spot and when i got it home it wouldnt lift off the ground at full throttle. I took it back and they put em in the right place and then we did a test flight. It got off the ground about four feet and then flipped completely over and crashed straight to the ground. So the hobby shop guy told me it was the larger extended legs throwing off the compass and sold me a new stock set with the included compass connecting wire and connecter. He did not have time ti install theses so i did at home and it was very basic. First flight after installing em it did the same exact thing. got off the ground about 5 feet started swaying side to side and then flipped upside down and crashed straight down. Any ideas or tips would be really helpful

It's nothing to do with the legs, they still haven't assembled it correctly.
Granted they did install the new motors in the wrong spot but they replaced em and put em in the right spot but would that cause it to move side to side like it didn't have at least 8 GPS satellites and then without any input from me or the the controller to cause it flip inside down and crash straight to the ground ?

Clearly they didn't test fly it after the build.. take it back to them for a test flight at the very least.
I did after the motors were installed backwards or wrong then i took it outside and test flew it and the owner watched it get about5 feet off the ground then go side to side without any controller input then flip upside down and crash land pretty hard. Which also broke the camera off and we couldnt find the plastic spline clip that holds the camera steady. So now i spent 261$ on 4 new motors and 4 high thrust props and i cant even fly the thing. Oh and one of the brand new props broke on the second test flight. This thing was a blast before i took it to these jackasses.

Not really.. unless they have motors spinning the wrong way on each corner.. would confuse the hell out of the flight controller.

The motor direction is "stamped" on the arm right next to the motor.. can you confirm that each motor is spinning the correct way when the system is at "idle" ?
motors.png

Not really.. unless they have motors spinning the wrong way on each corner.. would confuse the hell out of the flight controller.

The motor direction is "stamped" on the arm right next to the motor.. can you confirm that each motor is spinning the correct way when the system is at "idle" ?
motors.png
thats what i was thinking but did a google search and it turns out T-motor actually mislabeled a production of motors that were sent out . Thanks for all the suggestions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4