Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 vision+ tumbles after second takeoff

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Fulcanic, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Fulcanic

Hello everyone!

I have a rather strange experience with my Phantom2 V+. For three times now it happend to me. When i'am flying my
    Phantom and land it on the ground to check something out it tumbles the moment i want to takeoff again. The first two times it fell backwards and the last time it fell forward.
    Do i have to completely restart my Phantom after i landed it or is something else the problem?
    Does anyone have a similair experience? Please share!

Thanks!

2. Mori55

Did you give it full throttle on take off ? If not you should.

3. Dirty Bird

You do NOT have to restart after you land. Make sure you give her full throttle when you take off! Do NOT try to do some smooth, feather-up-the-throttle sort of take off.

4. Fulcanic

Thanks for quick reply's! I will definetely give her a full throttle the next time! It already cost me 2 props. Maybe next time i will land and takeoff from the grass instead of the pavement. Thanks for the help guys!!

5. slothead

So Mori, DB, Why does a slow throttle cause an uneven thrust/lift? Any ideas? And how did you know to apply full throttle?

6. Dirty Bird

I just remember reading this as I was perusing through every video and tidbit I could find while waiting for my Vision+ to arrive. I think at low throttle while sitting on the deck, the flight controller just doesn't have enough info to compensate for a slow liftoff?

7. brorex

I tipped mine over twice giving half throttle trying to take off smooth. Full throttle is the only way to go taking off

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

8. Mori55

Ground effect from the prop wash.

9. Phantom_Menace66

I had a strange occurrence the other day with mine... After I landed it and the props slowed down to an 'idle', I was walking toward it and the motors began to throttle up on their own!? Obviously not enough to take off but enough to cause it to topple over to one side.... Any idea why it did that? It's never done it before.

10. Fulcanic

I had the same experience two times. I recalibrated the remote controller after that is was gone. I also thought it was going to take off by itself.

11. TeeJayN

I actually prefer somewhere in the middle. If I give mine full throttle on takeoff it shoots up like rocket! The other extreme, a very slow throttle up can easily cause a tip over. I give the throttle a quick push up about 50% of the way. This cause a smart lift off with no chance of tip over and without the rocket experience. Once you find the sweet spot it's easy to replicate.

12. Sasquatch

That is pretty strange and kinda scary! Hopefully someone might have an answer.

13. Werz

Interesting. I read some case law today where a guy was injured by an acquaintance's Fusion RC aircraft. It was idling on the ground when it spontaneously throttled up, ran up and "bit" him on the leg.