Phantom 2 Vision takeoff problems

Reaction score
Hello, Newbie here, maybe I am doing something wrong, but after calibration of compass, and GPS is fixed, I power on motors, go to take off and the Phantom tilts backwards and falls over, I am not even getting off of the ground.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

Derko

Give it full throttle to get it in the air...it needs it. Works a charm!

And welcome to the forum.

Derko said:
Hello, Newbie here, maybe I am doing something wrong, but after calibration of compass, and GPS is fixed, I power on motors, go to take off and the Phantom tilts backwards and falls over, I am not even getting off of the ground.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

Derko

Check that you have the correct type of quad selected in the assistant software.

It is definitely recommended to use full throttle take off, letting off the stick completely when Phantom is about 15 feet up to determine if it is holding position and functioning properly.

On a side note, it would be wise to download RC Assistant and hook the RC up to make sure it is programmed for mode 2 and not mode 1. If it is programmed in mode 1 and you apply full up on left stick it will immediately tip over wrecking props or worse.

Hi glad you succeed with your flight a tip start in atti mode its easier for me at least but i have a phantom fc40.

Hi,

Derko, have you managed this problem?
I have the same problem and I managed it doing what Fullmetalarmpur suggest taking off on atti mode.
But I'm sure something have to be wrong because it should take off fine in phantom mode and not doing a full throttle .

Another thing is that if I take off on gps mode, if it not backwards, it get very unstable going up and down.

If some one have any suggestion it will very appreciated.

Regards,
Javier

Hi,

Derko, have you managed this problem?
I have the same problem and I managed it doing what Fullmetalarmpur suggest taking off on atti mode.
But I'm sure something have to be wrong because it should take off fine in phantom mode and not doing a full throttle .

Another thing is that if I take off on gps mode, if it not backwards, it get very unstable going up and down.

If some one have any suggestion it will very appreciated.

Regards,
Javier
Thanks Javier, I have solved the takeoff problems, I am just giving it a pretty aggressive power burst up to about 10 feet, and hovering for a few seconds, and then continuing on with the flight.
However I have had the occasional problem during flight that I lose al control and wants to flyaway, a few minor crashes have occured? I will have to investigate further.

Good Luck
Derko

Reactions: JavierSiavck
Thanks Javier, I have solved the takeoff problems, I am just giving it a pretty aggressive power burst up to about 10 feet, and hovering for a few seconds, and then continuing on with the flight.
However I have had the occasional problem during flight that I lose al control and wants to flyaway, a few minor crashes have occured? I will have to investigate further.

Good Luck
Derko

Derko, I have solved like you mentioned too, giving it an aggressive power burst.

Good Luck and good fligths!!!

Javier

Reactions: Derko

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20