Phantom 2 Vision - stock - 2031 feet or 619.3 meters

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was flying on the beach today, I tried to fly until the wifi connection could work and I got, using my stock PV2, 2031 feet or 619.3 meters @ 31.5 meters of height.

What do you think about it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 775
That's a long flight. Good stuff. I've flown past 1500 feet several times, and kept full connection, but didn't want to push it much more than that. Seems like where you fly makes a big difference. One field I fly at I can go the 1500+ feed, another, rarely over 600.

I think you've lived up to your nickname..
I think I'm a tad green with envy... ;)
Well done, post the video!

LeoS said:
I think you've lived up to your nickname..
I think I'm a tad green with envy... ;)
Well done, post the video!

:D

Sorry, no video today, just a screenshot...

Next time I try to reach a higher height I'll make a movie.

hi, 619 meters .. that's very far , could you still see it?

if you couldn't see it and you lost connection what would you do? rely on get you home
?

cheers

In Vision (the default beginner) mode, I think that the only way to
get the P2V back is to turn off the RC Transmitter, triggering the failsafe
Return to Home.

If you have not set "Home", you are mostly "scrod" (a type of fish).

If you have transitioned to Naza mode, you (can) have the additional, very
useful Home Lock mode to use, assuming that you still are in control range.

Since it is VERY EASY to fly far enough away to be unable to visibly
distinguish the orientation of the P2V, it seems like moving to
Naza mode, with the IOC's Home Lock enabled, is quite important,
especially for a beginner, right?

I would look at it from a different point of view. Until you are a competent enough pilot to know the orientation of your aircraft from its movements at all times and how to keep it within range, stick to Vision mode. An early switch to NAZA mode and IOC without knowing its limitations could get you into trouble. If you always rely on Home Lock to bring you back, then the day you lose satellite reception or took off before getting a good home position lock you're in trouble because Home Lock won't operate. And if you didn't get a good home position lock then RTH won't bring it back either. Use the radar screen on the app, it'll give you orientation and bearing whilst you have a wifi signal.

Once you've got more experience then switch and see how it works for you. Personally I use atti mode a lot for smoother video and I fly with the radar open all the time when I'm more than 200ft away. Home lock can be useful if you do lose your orientation and you're out of wifi range. Course lock can be very useful for filming (like being on a dolly!) but is more complex and needs a bit more understanding on how to set it up, and change the lock orientation. Just don't rely on them to do your flying for you. If you can't fly back from the limit of your visual range without using IOC then maybe switch back to Vision mode for a while and get to that point.

Just my thoughts... :)

Pull_Up said:
Use the radar screen on the app, it'll give you orientation and bearing whilst you have a wifi signal... I fly with the radar open all the time when I'm more than 200ft away...

+1 hear here! Radar has saved me a few times when I blinked and lost the PV in the bright distant sky. It's real beauty is that it shows you which direction the nose is pointing and how far away it is. Just yaw the little red chevron arrow nose-in & bring it back towards you. Then look for the NAV beacons & listen for the sound of props coming towards you. Very important feature of the Vision app.

iDrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers