Phantom 2 vision slight changes in motor RPM

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've decided to post this as I really need a fix for this situation with my P2V. I've had my Phantom since January and have several flights and have made several videos. I've never had a problem with the machine, no crashes nothing. But, my Phantom has now developed an unstable flight, and I'm not talking about the GPS issue, where many have the problem of the Phantom hunting for a position and rotating around a point, rather than sitting nice and still. That's not what I'm talking about when I say it's unstable, the best way I can describe it, would be to say that it's getting voltage drops and spikes to the motors, where you can audibly hear the motors changing a slight pitch in sound. If I just let it hover, it is not smooth, instead of what used to be a steady constant voltage to the motors so they stay at a solid constant RPM, the motors slightly rev up and down like it's not getting a steady stream of constant power. It's very slight, it doesn't cause it to be out of control or anything close to that, but enough to make the video almost unusable at this point. Very frustrating to say the least and has taken the fun out of flying it. If anybody had/is experiencing this please share and if you have a fix, really really please share!!

Thanks.......

I would suggest a full re-calibration. Connect to the assistant software and calibrate the IMU. Then, compass calibration. Test it again. You might also check all your firmware versions and report back. The motors don't really get a voltage, but a controlled frequency. That comes from the MC. The MC accepts signals from the GPS and internal gyro, barometer etc. calibrating the IMU should straighten out any problems with those readings short of hardware failure.

Geo

I received my PV2+ from amazon about a week ago and just tested it outside. I had the same problem with the right front (as you are looking at the camera lens) motor being inconsistent with the speed (you described the problem much better) and making a slight noise. When I lifted it up about 4 feet it started to move backwards towards me so I landed it. I shipped it back to Amazon on Tuesday and now have to wait until they get the next supply of Phantom 2 Vision + in. When I received my phantom it also had the red stripes on it and also had been configured for FCC (2 beeps when turning on the transmitter). I think that the stripes are on all of them but haven't heard anyone mention anything about the transmitter.

All of the above posts are excellent suggestions - I'd do them and try using a few drops of this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032H ... UTF8&psc=1

I use this stuff about every 20 flights or so. Just a couple of drops per motor. It's super thin and it seeps into bearing housings. You can tell the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj