phantom 2 vision repair dealers

Reaction score
Hi. I live in the Chicago, Illinois area. I am new to this hobby, especially the new quads and its' peripherals.

I recently had a crash where one of my motors on the drone is sticking. I may need to send this out for repair since I am not very mechanically inclined. I have a second drone I will be using in the meantime but would like this first one repaired.

Can anyone provide feedback on good repair centers I can send my quad to for repairs? I've seen several listed but want to make sure the repairs are correct and timely and reasonably priced.

I understand I will probably need to send my equipment by fedex or some carrier but would like the dealer to be in the US if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

That was one of the first dealers I saw on the web. When I did some searches I found some pretty negative posts about them. Most complaints were about time taken for repairs and customer service or follow-up. Not sure how valid these complaints are but I really don't want to take chances when trying to find a good dealer.

I am bumping up my own post in hopes of getting an answer.

As I mentioned above, I recently had a crash with my PV2 quad. In the least I need some motor repair/replace and possibly some electronics.

I plan on sending my quad out for repair since I'm sure there's no Chicago area repair centers I could just walk in and drop off.

Anyone here know of a reputable US repair shop where I can get good work done. Definitely looking for one that people here have used or are familiar with. Obviously quality work and quick turnaround time are important. And a reasonable price definitely helps.

Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks.

Check with Peter at AcesDeals.biz
I bought my P2V+ from him. Great guy and great customer service. And he's an authorized repair facility.

eagleseye said:
Check with Peter at AcesDeals.biz
I bought my P2V+ from him. Great guy and great customer service. And he's an authorized repair facility.

Thanks! I'll do some research on them.

Btw, have you heard anything on their repair reputation? Cost and turnaround time?

I am getting anxious to send my quad out, though. It's just sitting there, gathering dust.....

He's a mom and pop operation. I came across him through a guy named Jim Bowers on the Demunseed You Tube channel who has ALOT of videos concerning Phantoms. He personally spoke with Peter (as have I) for over 2 hours and has nothing but great things to say about him, his company and his customer service. You can call him at 888-239-2644 to see for yourself. Keep in mind, I didn't know either of these gentlemen prior to my decision to get involved with this hobby of ours back in August. Hope this helps.

added question

eagleseye said:
He's a mom and pop operation. I came across him through a guy named Jim Bowers on the Demunseed You Tube channel who has ALOT of videos concerning Phantoms. He personally spoke with Peter (as have I) for over 2 hours and has nothing but great things to say about him, his company and his customer service. You can call him at 888-239-2644 to see for yourself. Keep in mind, I didn't know either of these gentlemen prior to my decision to get involved with this hobby of ours back in August. Hope this helps.

Thanks. It does help.

BTW, I spoke with Peter at acesdeals.biz today and will send my quad to him this weekend. Also, if the price of my repair is right, am thinking about having him install a stage 1 tx/wifi extender kit.

edit -
I am thinking of having the following installed to extend tx/wifi. Anyone have any thoughts on this and is it worth having done? Below is copied from acesdeals website:

This kit will net most people 4,000 – 5,000 feet in distance.
Includes:
1x U.FL > RP-SMA gold cable installed into radio controller
1x U.FL > RP-SMA gold cable installed into WiFi repeater
1x 11db gain panel antenna on radio controller
1x 9db gain directional TP Link panel antenna in WiFi repeater

what ever you do dont send it to DJI unless you dont want to see it for a LONG time. mines been there for 7 weeks already and not even one update

Thanks.

That was one of the first dealers I saw on the web. When I did some searches I found some pretty negative posts about them. Most complaints were about time taken for repairs and customer service or follow-up. Not sure how valid these complaints are but I really don't want to take chances when trying to find a good dealer.

WHAT was one of the first dealers? Or were we supposed to guess?

Just wanted to add on to Oscar19 's request, because I also live in the suburbs of Chicago and need a good reparer.
Are there any in the Chicago area?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic