Phantom 2 Vision props + Prop Guards - Right size?

Reaction score
I've just received my new props and I ordered some DJI Phantom 2 Vision props for my FC40 as I was told I'd get better run times.
I was thinking I'd need to remove my prop guards but I bought V2 Prop guards anyway.

I was told that the Vision 2 props were bigger and wouldnt fit. I think whoever told me that is wrong

I just test fitted the new props over the prop guards and they fit just fine visually. They look VERY tight but don't seem to hit.

As for sizes I've measured the new props and they are ~9.5" long. The old props are a smidge over 8" long and the prop guards are 10" wide at the very widest points where you tie string to. Does that sound right?

I was planning on just taking the guards off as I didn't think they'd fit but as they look like they will fit okay I'm tempted to keep them.

Any thoughts?

Interesting, I've ordered some CF props and though I'd need new guards. I plan to fly without guards, but I need to fly in tighter area with lots of cedar trees. I'd like to know what others say about 9+" props and Phantom 2 guards.....

BTW, if they are THAT tight/close to the guards. Prop flex will likely make them rub against them.....

Well the question should be are the props for a 2 and a 2v the same? Are the guards for both the same.

If so I'm fine.
If not I really don't know

There are prop guards for the p2 vision available. I assumed you would need those with the vision props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prop guards for the p2 and p2v are not the same size. Dronefly send me the wrong ones. After installing them and finding out they weren't big enough, I removed them but the damage was already done as the new screws were way too short so when tightening them down to the motors, 2 of the 4 posts on one motor broke and the motor flew out of the shell on takeoff.

Dji replaced the shell free of charge but a lesson was learned. Know your dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How close is too close though?
You can freely spin the props with the guards on. I would take a photo but the quad is in my car and the bigger props are at home.

I reckon there is about 5mm+ gap between them

5MM OR 1/4 inch is probably ok.....close, but ok... :D

Fly and let us know. My props are on the way. Prob wont be receiving them until mid next week though.

chrisc said:
Well the question should be are the props for a 2 and a 2v the same? Are the guards for both the same.

If so I'm fine.
If not I really don't know

Yes. The phantom 2 and P2V use the same props and prop guards, because the bodies are the same. I have both copters, and my props and prop guards are interchangeable. The only thing you have to be cautious about is the screws. The prop guard screws are longer, so if you put those in with out the prop guards, it will tear up your motors. I made that mistake once.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20