PHANTOM 2 VISION PROBLEMS

Reaction score
I was hoping I would never have to post about problems with my P2V, but here it is.
I have been reading and watching videos continuously for the past month, gathering as much information and knowledge as I could before my P2V arrived.
Last week I received my Vision, and spent another whole day double checking to make sure everything was right as far as set up.
I took the Vision down the road to a huge field and did a test flight. Compass calibrated, green lights flashing, fully charged batteries and all that stuff.
I flew about 5 minutes never getting it out there more that 200'. All of a sudden the (Phantom 2 Vision Connection Broken) notice comes on the screen and the Vision went into fail safe. It came home OK, but I was nervous about flying it again until I went home and did more research. I found nothing wrong, and never knew why this had happened.

Yesterday I took MyP2V out to try it again. I connected with the App on my iPhone, calibrated the compass, and locked in 9 satellites. The Phantom seemed to be flying great, but when I looked at the PFP on my iPhone, I noticed it was lagging way behind (About 20 to 30 seconds,) and was very jumpy.

I landed, powered down the P2V, closed the App, restarted my iPhone and reset all settings on my phone.
Then I power cycled the Phantom a couple of times and powered up everything again. No change.

The problem continues and I cannot use the camera or FPV. I can fly as long as I keep it in close sight, but no FPV because it lag as so far behind and keeps breaking connection.
Has anyone experienced slow FPV and broken connections like this? I'm thinking either the camera or the wifi booster is bad.

rafin2000 said:
Hi. I have a different problem, but in your case, I know a procedure you can perform to fix the issue. see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2FgJyuSe0

I hope that help you, however I think you have performed a lot of research trying to solve the problem.

Rafael.

That would be great, but I don't know that language. English is the only language I understand.

BigSky said:
rafin2000 said:
Hi. I have a different problem, but in your case, I know a procedure you can perform to fix the issue. see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2FgJyuSe0

I hope that help you, however I think you have performed a lot of research trying to solve the problem.

Rafael.

That would be great, but I don't know that language. English is the only language I understand.

Try the translate closed caption option offered in YouTube videos. Click on cc and work your way down to English in the drop down menu. The translation won't be perfect (programs aren't as smart as their human counterparts ;) ) but you might get the jest about what he's discussing. Good luck ...

A few things come to mind that might help regarding the signal loss issues.

1. Is your Tx in CE mode or FCC mode? The former offers lower power, less range. Should get two beeps when you turn on the Tx to confirm FCC mode.

2. Is your start-up routine solid (Tx, Wi-Fi then PV) and are you getting the correct lights on the extender to signal a good connection? Wait 30 seconds or so for the "System" light to flash green before connecting to the Phantom network with your device. Start your app last.

3. What is your mobile device? Mine can run the app but on anything but the lowest screen resolution (320 x ?, 15fps) it quickly starts lagging to the point of uselessness. Try turning that down?

The Spanish language video in the message above seems to reference re-binding the camera to the PV. If you're getting a connection, albeit a bad one, you probably don't need to do that. If you do, reference the manual in section 4.4 - How to Bind the Camera & Range Extender.

I had the same problem today. I forgot that I had changed the display quality to 600 to see what it looks like. Then went to fly and the lag was so bad it was useless. Glad I saw this post to remind me to change it back to lower display quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik