Phantom 2 Vision Plus

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:
"Potential features" ;) I like their marketing department!

The Dji Phantom 2 Vision + Plus is a revolutionary new quad copter that will be reviled at this years NAB show in Las Vegas. Sold via Dronefly.com, be sure to check back with us on the exciting new product.

Reviled??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger
"More powerful wifi range extender to fly father away!"

Poor dad. :lol:

No mention of any camera changes though, and if that remains the same then standard Vision with gimbal and extender mod should be enough until Vision 2... :arrow:

Seahorse said:
No mention of any camera changes though, and if that remains the same then standard Vision with gimbal and extender mod should be enough until Vision 2... :arrow:

I haven't bought a gimbal yet, so for me... It all depends on the price point. If I can get a decent price for my P2V, all its gear and the case, I'll gladly start all over again with a stock P2V+ with better range and a gimbal. If it's $1,500, even with the FC200, I'd still make the swap.

-slinger

I bought the P2V knowing its useful life for me would be 15-18 months.
I'm now 2 months in, and by Autumn 2015, I'll be ready to move to whatever the new paper-weight is.
I would like to upgrade the FC200 in the meantime however.

gunslinger said:
Seahorse said:

I haven't bought a gimbal yet, so for me... It all depends on the price point. If I can get a decent price for my P2V, all its gear and the case, I'll gladly start all over again with a stock P2V+ with better range and a gimbal. If it's $1,500, even with the FC200, I'd still make the swap.

-slinger
+1 Yes, I agree

P2V is $1200 + $400 2 axis gimbal .... Total $1600

My question is can it be retrofitted with the new gimbal ? I already ordered the fpvlr antennas so that isn't the issue. I think dji would be screwing up if you couldn't upgrade the gimbal camera. A lot of people aren't gonna park their couple of month old vision and spend another 15000$.

pault said:
I realise the Dronefly leak is just speculation but i find the bit about not flying close to airports a bit strange and wonder how they (DJI) could implement it .....
Stick lat/long coordinates in the firmware--the data is easy to come by. There's already been some talk about this "feature" with regard to the P2, and it only seems to avoid some larger airports, and it only appeared to apply to autonomous flight. If that's the case, it seems reasonable.

Well the killer sales point would be a "FC300" featuring the Ambarella A9 chip (1080p@120) real HDR RAW continuous shooting and integrated 3 axis gimbal, antennae on the outside of the gimbal motors for better transmission... and a better wireless repeater.

And the package as a $499,- upgrade kit for existing P2V owners :)

DKDarkness said:
Well the killer sales point would be a "FC300" featuring the Ambarella A9 chip (1080p@120) real HDR RAW continuous shooting and integrated 3 axis gimbal, antennae on the outside of the gimbal motors for better transmission... and a better wireless repeater.

+1 on that !!

pault said:
I realise the Dronefly leak is just speculation but i find the bit about not flying close to airports a bit strange and wonder how they (DJI) could implement it .....

They already have, it's live now for P2 users of Ground Station, and will be live for us too when we get waypoints. Here's the data: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-gs

Won't allow you to set any waypoints for autonomous flights within these zones. You can fly normally if you don't use waypoints/Ground Station though.

Mori55 said:
DKDarkness said:

+1 on that !!
Another +1...
Big time.

Although I never fly my Phantom recklessly, I would'nt be able to fly it in my back yard due to the fact that I am within 5 miles of the Airport. Probably a good feature, but not good for me.

Firestat said:
Although I never fly my Phantom recklessly, I would'nt be able to fly it in my back yard due to the fact that I am within 5 miles of the Airport. Probably a good feature, but not good for me.

You can't set autonomous waypoints in your back yard. But you can hoon it around in GPS, ATTI, or manual mode as you do now to your heart's content...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik