Phantom 2 vision plus vibration

Reaction score
Is it normal when I push the throttle from 0% to 100% quickly my phantom is a bit shacky (kind of vibration). As soon I release a little bit the throttle everything is stable.

Chakal said:
Is it normal when I push the throttle from 0% to 100% quickly my phantom is a bit shacky (kind of vibration). As soon I release a little bit the throttle everything is stable.

Examine your props & motors carefully. Are the props cracked, warped, chipped, or damaged in any way? Get a prop balancer and make sure they are balanced, or try a new set of props? Are the motors damaged? Do they feel the same when you rotate them manually? Do they all have the same amount of play? Are the motor shafts straight? When you are spooling up from 0-100% a little vibration is to be expected, but how much vibration are you talking about? Is it enough to show up in your recorded video?

I have seen the vibration caused by one of the motors. There is not an easy way to diagnose which one is the cause though. What you will find is that when the motor reaches a harmonic vibration the whole Phantom will begin to be vibrating. Put your Phantom in a hover about 6 feet off of the ground and a safe distance from you, after a few seconds of hovering you will see the camera assembly showing pretty bad vibrations. Give some throttle up, it goes away, but will return when back to hovering.

I had this happen after changing the gain settings. A particular setting change which would add more rpms at take off. The higher rpm would make a prop sensitive in an area that hadn't prior setting change. If you have a new set of props to try would be a good easy place to start.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31