phantom 2 vision plus v3

Reaction score
i am just fitting a new ESC in a phantom 2 vision + after it landing what you call heavy (hit a wall) on way back, but no real damage apart from green led lights on rear arm dosn't work hence the esc replacement, it also bent the yaw arm on the gimbal making the camera look to the leg, i have managed to straighten the arm (carefully) as there where no cracks in the jaw arm, camera gimbal is facing forward and gimbal works fine camera now looking forward, but and a big but ? have a fault when switching on the aircraft , when placed flat on bench and switch battery on (controller on first or without) its on the level but gimbal still tries to level itself and makes a clicking noise, move the aircraft on a slant move forward /backword its works fine with no noise and camera forward, place it back as if taking off or landing and noise comes back as it still tries to self level, Took it to quadcopters this week and he said the gimbal was knackered and need to buy a new gimbal/camera if you can find one (as if ) anybody else had similar problems and managed to fix? any help will be greatfull

Hello Phantom trucker,
Can you post a video of it? There are 3 possible solutions, but without seeing exactly what it's doing, I'd be just guessing?

Possibility 1:
( assuming YAW, is the issue )
Than it is a problem, with gimbal main board Potentoimeter, and requires a new ( phantom gimbal main board ) to repair.

Possibility 2:
( assuming ROLL, is the issue )
Than it is a problem, with ROLL driver board Potentoimeter, and requires a new board to fix. ( phantom plus roll driver board )

Possibility 3:
( assuming PITCH, is the issue )
Than it is a problem, with PITCH driver board Potentoimeter, and requires a new board to fix. ( phantom plus pitch driver board )

Parts can be found on eBay ( pitch and roll boards ), now the camera/gimbal main board, is a mother issue, very rare and hard to find.

So call this guy, he is a great guy, and a personal friend, he can help you with any parts you need. His name is Mike Holtz ( 530-277-5366 ) he is in California. Great parts, great prices, and guarantees his parts 100%.

Hope this helps. The main board will cost you around $120, the pitch and or roll boards are around $15 each.

Let us know how it goes, and if you can make a video, I can help you further. Have a great day, take care, and stay safe!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks for your reply Jerry, the P2 Vision + is not mine now as I sold it to buy a P3 pro earlier in the year, I sold it to someone who lives near me and has a roofing business so he and used it sometimes to examine roofs etc, unfortunately he let his grandson have a go (bet he doesn't do that again eh) your friend would have come in very useful if lived here, but California is a long swim from the UK, and it would cost to much to send to USA and return, but thanks for all the info will look into that information you have given me for him here , good luck with Mr Trump ? regards Tony Liverpool UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers