Phantom 2 Vision Plus Remote Control

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone noticed the new Phantom 2 Vision Plus's remote control doesn't reach as far? My Phantom 2 Vision used to go really far, probably 2,000 feet, but my new Phantom 2 Plus goes out at like 900 feet. It's very weird, but suddenly my FPV will say connection lost and it returns to home. I have it on FCC mode also. Kinda weird.

Look at the spec's. They apparently reduced output on RC and increased output on repeater. This combined with different fpv antenna positions on the vision+ has equalized, more or less, the two ranges.

Waiting for someone to try the higher powered p2v RC with the plus.

Not sure if this makes a difference but I remember connecting my TX to the RC assistant and even tho I had turned the pot and was getting the two beeps, the Assistant indicated I was in CE. So I selected the FCC radio button. Power cycled and it then showed FCC. I never flew very far before that but I can tell u I was getting FCC range after that.

Worth a try? I am going to check my plus TX later to be sure it shows FCC in the assistant. BTW it beeps twice new out of the box.

I was only getting like 1,000 foot max range on controls and I just happened to read something about these modes and plugged mine into the assistant and noticed I was flying in CE mode for last week. My range has def improved since switching.

I had no problem up to 1660 feet overhead, but I just checked my Vision + transmitter in the RC assistant software and it was set to CE...even though the pot is set to FCC and the transmitter beeps twice on start up...everyone should check the software. I changed the radio button to FCC and turned off and on the transmitter and the FCC button stay lit...Maybe a bug in the software?

DBSAM said:
I had no problem up to 1660 feet overhead, but I just checked my Vision + transmitter in the RC assistant software and it was set to CE...even though the pot is set to FCC and the transmitter beeps twice on start up...everyone should check the software. I changed the radio button to FCC and turned off and on the transmitter and the FCC button stay lit...Maybe a bug in the software?

I don't think that is a bug, its just the CE/FCC mode is configurable through the pot, or it can be set by the software. You can tell what mode you're in by how many times the controller beeps when you power on. 1 beep = CE mode. 2 beeps = FCC mode.

Was definitely getting two beeps and the pot was/is fully clockwise, but the software showed CE...some said their range improved after changing the radio button, I'll see if my distance improves but it appears all three need to be FCC to get FCC ranges...
Dirty bird how is yours set in the RC software? You went over 2500 feet high....

i think in instruction you dont need to switch the " fcc/ce " and also they didnt give us a screwdriver tools. :?:

Yes,the radio button shows up in the RC Assistant software when I turn on my connected via USB cable...

I would think all three should be set correctly...We need someone to verify output to know for sure...

Some subjective trials can give some insight.

Funny you mentioned the two beeps, because out of the box brand new mine was doing 2 beeps which I thought was a little strange, because it should only be beeping once, but I just checked for firmware updates only. I'm going to plug it in again to see what it says, maybe it's not even on FCC mode.

Looks like a glitch. Out of the box my P2V+ the remote beeps twice when I turned it on, but I hooked it into the computer yesterday and it wasn't in FCC mode.

900 feet is indeed low for FCC mode.
I have gone 1800 feet and the WiFi went out. Still had control.

It is less powerful than the old P2V controller but not by that much.

Another possibility is that your controller is fine and your Phantom's antenna is having issues.

Hi All, I am really getting frustrated by DJI, I received my phantom 2 vision+ two weeks ago and spent some time getting used to everything ensuring I was happy controlling it.

I then started trying to do longer flights but I have only been able to fly 200meters (600 feet) before I start losing flight control.

To ensure I was not going to cause any issues to local residents on my first long distance flights I actually drove outback "yes I'm in Australia" so I had none of the following:

No buildings ( small or large )
No power lines
No airports
No radar facilities
No transmitters

Only scrub land as far as the eye could see. ( 100km in any direction )

I have checked and I am on FCC mode not CE mode, the iPhone is not in the way of the antenna, the batteries are full charged, the batteries in the remote are brand new and I have tried three sets. I never seem to get far enough away to ever lose video reception on the extender.

I have tried contacting DJI on multiple occasions by email, support tickets and even telephoned their head office in Hong Kong twice. I am getting no help what so ever.

P.s. Even sent emails to DJI USA, DJI Europe, DJI Japan and any other email address I could find and have not received a response.

Now I know I only paid 1500$ for the phantom, but I would like to think that gets me some sort of support !!.

So I gave up on support in Hong Kong and tried calling local resellers and was told that we don't actually have a "full" distributor in Australia and no DJI office and that support at DJI was appalling and that I should send the phantom to them and they would try and sort it out but it would probably take 6 to 8 weeks.( I could not believe that one of DJI's own resellers was saying they had appalling service )

This is ridiculous.

Can anybody please help, I don't have lots of $$$$$$$'s to go and buy another drone. This drone was supposed to be for a UNI project for one of my courses.

It's interesting. It seems like the range on these has wide variations. 600 is very bad. I normally get 1500-2500 in town. In the wilderness I would expect 10-20% more.
Others have gotten over a mile.

I would talk to the company that sold it to you and see if you can do an exchange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.