Phantom 2 Vision Plus - Gimbal Calibration & Camera setting

Reaction score
Please help me with the following three questions:

1) I have tried to do a Gimbal Calibration via the DJI Assistant Software V3.0, but as soon as I connect the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, the option for gimbal calibration disappears in the software. Before the Phantom is connected to the Assistant software I see the option for advanced gimbal calibration where you can set the degrees of tilt.

Can somebody tell me why this is happening?

2) I would like to set the vertical angle on the camera a few degree lower down, as I am getting a bit of noise from the gimbal and a red button on the on the slider (in the App) when the camera is tilted in most upright position. As soon as I move the slider down a bit (tilting camera down) the red slider button changes to green and the gimbal noise is gone, and everything is fine.

What would be the reason for that?

3) Does waypoints work in the Naza-m mode?

Re: Phantom 2 Vision Plus - Gimbal Calibration & Camera sett

There's no calibration of the gimbal of the plus. What your seeing is the calibration box for the p2 zuemuse .

Hi, Im having the same problem, but that was just before I have a Fall Down, with 30% of my battery, it fall from 6 feet to the ground, so I think the gimbal get shocked by the hit, so now, when I get the vertical angle, does the same, a gimbal noise, and I obstruction icon on my iPhone, so I lower it a bit, and works excellent.

I think it need to be moved back to the original position, but this may need to be done with a perfect presicion and accuracy so you don´t damage the Gimbal.

By now, I get used of this little problem, so I think I better let it that way, instead of breaking it.

Regards.

As for noise, what firmware version is your gimbal?
Maybe update it to the latest.

Hi , just a update. I receiced a quick reply from DJI , but not exactly what I wanted to know:
" hi, sir,thanks for contacting dji,
1)the gimbal calibration can not be processed in assistant software, where did you find this option? would you show me the oictures about this?
2) the vertical angle on the camera is not setable in assistant software.
for this red/green button, you can refer to our manual page 49, is the noise lound? this different color means different lens move mode,thanks!
Attachment(s)
Phantom_2_Vision_Plus_User_Manual_v1.1.1_en.pdf "

I just tried an IMU(?) advanced calibration. Not sure if it worked because if said the MC was too hot, but my camera is crooked by close to 10*. I got the drone used, and have 2 weeks money back guarantee so I'm trying to figure this out asap if it can be fixed or if it's a mechanical issue.

My PV2+ does the same thing. I am not sure why but in the app at start up the gimbal buzzes and is in the red. To me it seems that it is at or beyond its range of tilt, it does it at both ends with the app only. I have the upgraded radio and it will not extend into the red with the gimbal wheel. All I do not is at start up I move the gimbal down a bit with the wheel and all is good

Huh? My gimbal is literally angled left about 10*

CloudPhantom said:
Huh? My gimbal is literally angled left about 10*
:?
Sounds like some hard landings have taken their toll. Several threads about gimbal problems on here, not rare to be sure!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33989

That was my thought too after doing searches, but I've never landed it hard and I don't see evidence of any crashes on the drone. Gonna be bummed if I have to send this back. I can't afford a brand new phantom atm.

Edit. Just ran the IMU advanced calibration without getting an overheating MC error. I don't think it changed any? So there is no way to adjust the left and right tilt of the gimbal? I hear a slight noise when it's "leveling" as I tilt the drone, when I'm close to it.

Should I just stop everything now and send it back? :(

If there is no evidence of the phantom being crashed, send it back.

It sounds like you got whiplash from hard landings, enough to dislodge the shaft and throw out the roll potentiometer readings.
You get whiplash from the drop pins holding the gimbal board. The drop pins are doing its job, but avertedly causing the whiplash that causes the camera to "move" from the press fit shaft that is held by the motors magnet.

There is topics to readjust the tilt. DONT do it unless your warranty has been voided.

GustavL said:
2) I would like to set the vertical angle on the camera a few degree lower down, as I am getting a bit of noise from the gimbal and a red button on the on the slider (in the App) when the camera is tilted in most upright position. As soon as I move the slider down a bit (tilting camera down) the red slider button changes to green and the gimbal noise is gone, and everything is fine

Ihave exactly the same and put a brief Youtube vid up showing it. It's like the gimbal is trying to move the camera up beyond it's limit. Mine was after a "flip" (30 centimetres onto snow) after I rushed my pre-flight checks trying to catch the last of the light. Doh. At first the app reported "Gimbal obstructed". Took it home and did full compass and IMU calibrations, after which the error went but left with the noise. Dealer said he wan't too worried as long as it's working. I tend to tilt the camera down a bit anyway.

Gimbal noise: http://youtu.be/qOIXS99Fhlw

Hi all. I'm having some similar issues w/ my gimbal after a fall from several feet. I've never seen my quad do that, but it seemingly just rolled over and fell. It was a little gusty...but still... Now, my gimbal is acting erratically (almost like it's having a seizure) and won't "reset" to normal position. Nothing appears broken or even bent...live view still works.....did a couple of test flights after the fall w/ no problems, complete shut downs, restarts...changed batteries...and I cannot control the angle of the camera nor will it "settle down". I keep getting a blocked gimbal warning. I was wondering about a complete factory reset type of option, but hadn't yet plugged into my assistant software. I reached out to DJI support, and all they offered was to write up a repair request....didn't even mention what could have been the problem to warrant any repair...just send it in...and still don't know where that would be sent to. Any thoughts on what I can try to fix the seizure problem would be greatly appreciated!! Also...have a battery giving me a critical low level warning...when fully charged. No damage, no swelling...just not communicating properly after only about a dozen charges. DJI's response was to replace it. Again, could there be a "software" approach to fixing this? THANKS!!!

Sorry guys, for the Phantom 2 and vision plus there are nor gimbel calibrations or adjustments. You as many pilots have found the camera is fairly delicate and can be knocked out of alignment fairly easy. If you have had a hard landing or a couple of bad bounces it can cause misalignment and can knock a potentiometer off axis or the screw set in the gimbel arm to slip. Warranty will not normally cover the so called hard landing damage and DJI will want to bill you for the repairs. Some have successfully made minor repairs by check out the you tube video on aligning the potentiometer shafts to get the camera back to level. Only you know how bad it is and if you need to make repairs or have it repaired. Good luck!

Sorry guys, for the Phantom 2 and vision plus there are nor gimbel calibrations or adjustments. You as many pilots have found the camera is fairly delicate and can be knocked out of alignment fairly easy. If you have had a hard landing or a couple of bad bounces it can cause misalignment and can knock a potentiometer off axis or the screw set in the gimbel arm to slip. Warranty will not normally cover the so called hard landing damage and DJI will want to bill you for the repairs. Some have successfully made minor repairs by check out the you tube video on aligning the potentiometer shafts to get the camera back to level. Only you know how bad it is and if you need to make repairs or have it repaired. Good luck!

Thanks...gonna try the realignment while crossing my fingers!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20