Phantom 2 Vision + (Plus) Coming in April

Reaction score
EDIT: VIDEO HERE!

https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2- ... 3-cbs.html

It looks like DJI is about to drop a nice upgrade to the popular DJI Phantom 2 Vision, it will be called the Phantom Vision +. We don't know the exact features, but I'd expect this product to have a built in two or three axis brushless gimbal for more stable videos. The official model number will be the PV331.

I expect that this product will be released at the NAB Show in Las Vegas April 7-10.

Attachments

• phantom-vision-plus.png
    phantom-vision-plus.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 4,694
well this is good to hear...just wish we had specs now... i just took delivery of my PV2 today and currently 3d printing a gimble for it....so I am not going to open the box yet and just wait to see the specs on the new PV2+....prolly going to be returning this one....I have 30 days.

The way I see it if it is just a gimble and the price is $200 more...I will keep what I have...if the camera is better and wifi range is better...this one i have is going back...

please post more info when you have it..

Big Chips said:
well this is good to hear...just wish we had specs now... i just took delivery of my PV2 today and currently 3d printing a gimble for it....so I am not going to open the box yet and just wait to see the specs on the new PV2+....prolly going to be returning this one....I have 30 days.

The way I see it if it is just a gimble and the price is $200 more...I will keep what I have...if the camera is better and wifi range is better...this one i have is going back...

I'd be interested in hearing about the gimble your printing. Maybe pics and how it well it does?

I received a briefing on it last weekend from one who has seen it and privy to inside information on the new model. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to pass on what I have been told, but I can say this. It is much more than cosmetic and look for changes to the camera as well.

fizzviic said:
I received a briefing on it last weekend from one who has seen it and privy to inside information on the new model. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to pass on what I have been told, but I can say this. It is much more than cosmetic and look for changes to the camera as well.

Can a P2V be upgraded to + specification?

fizzviic said:

SO you are giving 3rd party information...and you are not "at liberty" to say anything else? DJI like most other companies will release info on the new product line just prior to the show...

but as far as I see...you could tell what you know since you are not directly connected...what difference would it make....no one knows who you are OR if your information is actually accurate... so spill the beans....

Big Chips said:
fizzviic said:

SO you are giving 3rd party information...and you are not "at liberty" to say anything else? DJI like most other companies will release info on the new product line just prior to the show...

but as far as I see...you could tell what you know since you are not directly connected...what difference would it make....no one knows who you are OR if your information is actually accurate... so spill the beans....

I would guess that whoever provided fizzviic that info is under an NDA and the lack of further info at this point is out of respect for that. If I had an inside source like that I would be very careful too about revealing something that might compromise it.

OI Photography said:
Big Chips said:
fizzviic said:

I would guess that whoever provided fizzviic that info is under an NDA and the lack of further info at this point is out of respect for that. If I had an inside source like that I would be very careful too about revealing something that might compromise it.

well then why is he mentioning what he will not tell? no ones knows his identity, he has nothing to lose...I am just asking for him to give more info.

FourWheelers said:
Big Chips said:

I'd be interested in hearing about the gimble your printing. Maybe pics and how it well it does?

I printed mine out in white to match the aircraft...but I have a picture of a completed one in orange so you can see how it is all together and works.. The one in white still needs to have the plate trimmed a bit but that is easy.

The orange one has a gps locator mounted to it.. mine will not.. I just want the clean oem look. now i just have to wait for the gimble to arrive form china to get the board and servos from and it will be ready to install..but the hard part is over...took 5 hours to print the 3 pieces.

Attachments

• image_preview_featured.jpg
    image_preview_featured.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3,870
  • IMG_20140330_144517 (1).jpg
    IMG_20140330_144517 (1).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3,786
Big Chips said:
well then why is he mentioning what he will not tell? no ones knows his identity, he has nothing to lose...I am just asking for him to give more info.

haven't you ever want to feel cool?

ryanza said:
fizzviic said:

Can a P2V be upgraded to + specification?

+1 on this :)

Big Chips said:
FourWheelers said:
Big Chips said:

I printed mine out in white to match the aircraft...but I have a picture of a completed one in orange so you can see how it is all together and works.. The one in white still needs to have the plate trimmed a bit but that is easy.

The orange one has a gps locator mounted to it.. mine will not.. I just want the clean oem look. now i just have to wait for the gimble to arrive form china to get the board and servos from and it will be ready to install..but the hard part is over...took 5 hours to print the 3 pieces.

Nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Adam said:
It looks like DJI is about to drop a nice upgrade to the popular DJI Phantom 2 Vision, it will be called the Phantom Vision +. We don't know the exact features, but I'd expect this product to have a built in two or three axis brushless gimbal for more stable videos. The official model number will be the PV331.

I expect that this product will be released at the NAB Show in Las Vegas April 7-10.

I have a phantom 2,gimbal and hero 3 being delivered on Friday. Think I might be better off sending it back and waiting for the new machine?

These pictures were briefly leaked on Amazon - the item has since been removed from the site.

31qmT7Mi7oL._SL1500_.jpg

41NU%2BIfsheL._SL1500_.jpg

I also have one in white. where are you going to mount the GPS sensor?
Thanks
Allan

MacGeek said:
These pictures were briefly leaked on Amazon - the item has since been removed from the site.

31qmT7Mi7oL._SL1500_.jpg

41NU%2BIfsheL._SL1500_.jpg

when I spoke with a dealer, they mentioned this. Basically DJI owns a camera facility and instead of giving gopro all the money with the zenmuse, they want to capture some of that back. I believe the plan is make a Vision with a gimbal and a camera that doesn't suck like the vision camera. The only other thing DJI needs is to make an FPV monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20