Have you ever encountered a problem similar to mine?

• Total voters
What are you wanting to disassemble?
Gimbal or bird or both?
Both are quite simple, I'd be happy to help!
Let me know!

J Dot
:cool:

Hi everybody
I read the post because I have a similar problem. I have the vision gimbal and camera with the green light but my phantom is diy, with the original ph2 mainboard
I plugged to the gimbal the 8 pin wire and the light is green, I think the camera work but the gimbal don't satabilize. Only I plugged the 8 pin wire,does this wire only power up the camera ? Is the 6pin wire to the CAM port of the mainboard who power the gimbal ? I repeat I have green led on the camera but not stabilize the gimbal is death. I buy a cable set but don't come the 6 pin wire don't understand. I don't have wifi module only original main board and original gimbal and camera. If I push the camera button seems she work and she record to the sdcard. I see the led pattern of the camera and I think she record. I agree you a lot of you can help me. I will try do a 6 pin wire because I see the rcgroups diagram you posted and the 6 pin also have +12 and negative pins. Thanks again people. The gimbal is new,no crashes and nothing.

Ok great news guys, camera bypassed I get all info in vision app just no picture (probably cuz no camera is installed). Altitude, speed, mode, bat life, satellites, ect... all show in the vision app. So I'm guessing that my camera board is fried.

With the Gimbal bypassed, and the WiFi module powered up from the CAM port, I'm experiencing almost the exact same issues - a totally unresponsive gimbal, but with no LED coming on at all on the gimbal mainboard. To make matters worse, my WiFi transmission is intermittent - comes and goes.

I suspect a bad WiFi module and also perhaps a bad gimbal main board. Your thoughts?

Is the ZENMUSE / AI board attachment how power is delivered to the gimbal main board? I'd like to make sure I have proper power delivery to the gimbal control so that I can determine if only the WiFi box is suspect, or maybe the gimbal main board, too. In other words, should the gimbal main board LED illumintate with just the ZENMUSE / AI board cable (8-pin), and the 4-pin attached?

I should add that on the top of my upper WiFi board I have a green LED that comes on at power-up and stays on. On the underside of the upper board a green LED comes on briefly immediatly at power-up, then goes off, then flashes several times, then stays steady green. On the lower board in the WiFi module there is a red LED that comes on immediately at power-up and stays red. Any help deciphering these signals would be most gratefully received.

thanks in advance from a total noob

Last edited:
Ok,
That is weird, as the battery is only 11.1vdc. But if your getting a reading there, I'm sure phantom mainboard is good. So , so far I'm assuming the wifi module has failed. But for gimbal having no power, that is something else. You said you checked all connectors, wires. So can be 3 possibilities.

1. Power transfer board ( the small circuit board the gimbal wires hook to from ZENMUSE port.
2) wire bad somewhere?
3) gimbal issue ( ribbon, or mainboard )

I would first order a p2v+ cable set, not expensive at all, comes with all new cables, new compass cable, esc cables, and power transfer board.

Try this if still no go, I would inspect the ribbon closely or replace ( also cheap ) and if still no, than I would have to say BAD gimbal mainboard.

First:
With battery out of bird, turn it on, test those leads for 11.1vdc
( the pin CLOSEST, to the 2 communication pads, is positive, the other is negative. I'm wondering if the battery shorted out, and is kicking off huge volts ( 17vdc ) causing the burnout? Can you please look into this, as well.
Keep us informed?

I realize I'm asking you to buy and try stuff, but $11, and $20 is a LOT cheaper than the $175+ mainboard.
That would suck to buy it then realize it was a bad wire or something stupid like that. This is the route I would take if it were mine.
But I have working parts to swap with, and could figure it out quickly, but without working extras, you just have to exhaust all possibilities. Plus a new set of wires never hurts!

Let me know
J Dot
:cool:
I am probly posting in the wrong place, I have vision plus, lost my charger, so I hooked the battery up to a car battery to charge, this worked a couple of times no problems, I had a 12v car battery charger on the the car battery while charging the phantom battery, :[ battery seemed to be charged ok, turned every thing on as usual, no camera now, no light on camera, app connecting to repeater, after reading this thred, I checked battery voltage, its 14v, what did I burn up?, how much is my stupidity going to cost? thanks.

Apakh papan Interference board p2 bisa dipasang di p2 v

Attachments

• IMG-20190910-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20190910-WA0001.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 327

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31