Phantom 2 vision plus battery issues ph2-5200mAh-11.1v (V2.0)

Reaction score
Greetings all,
Just wondering if I could get some advice on a dual battery pack I purchased about a year ago.
Each battery was used about 7 times. Been in storage for the last 10 months.

Yesterday I pulled my drone out of storage and tried to charge the battery's but could not turn them on.
After a little bit of reading I think both of these battery's may have entered a hibination state, will not charge or will not power on.
Reading further I see some people suggest removing the case and directly charging the battery to the point where it can power the smart circuit and then charge as normal.

Is there another way? If not, would someone with knowledge point me to towards a procedure for doing such? Or is it just a simple case of removing the electronics and hooking the charger directly to the battery?

The battery is a "ph2-5200mAh-11.1v" (V2.0)

Cheers.
Mark.

My understanding if the battery is in hibernation mode the red light will come on and stay on for approximately five minutes. After the red light goes out you should be able to just normally charge it. If you plug it in and after an hour there's no lights you probably got a dead battery.

So both battery's died at the same time? Neither show any signs of life no matter how long the charger is connected. I was under the impression (by what I have read) that these battery discharged themselves while in storage to the point there is not enough power to drive the smart circuits, not allowing the batter to charge. And that bypassing the electronics and directly charging the battery was a possible solution. Thoughts?

Did you try plugging each into your charger and leave it lugged in like 1-2-3? days? SOME charge current will likely leak thru the FET on/off sw and may charge enough to get it going - in time. Just another idea.

Of course you will want to do this with the battery in a metal enclosed container just in case... I use 30 cal ammo cans for all my charging and another ammo can for storage.

Reading further I see some people suggest removing the case and directly charging the battery

Last resort as you will likely break the plastic housing so it no longer goes back together. Took we 3 batts before I got it down to not destroying the case.

I was under the impression (by what I have read) that these battery discharged themselves while in storage to the point there is not enough power to drive the smart circuits, not allowing the batter to charge.

Sorta, ya... If charge is above about 50-60% then they are programmed to discharge in 10 days of no use down to that level. Then stay there forever.

We all know forever is not forever; since the on/off switch is a momentary, at least a portion of the electronics must remain turned on internally - watching for the on/off switch push... So they will always be discharging very slowly in storage. If left long enough (obviously about 10 months per imperical data here) they will discharge to dangerously low point...

Too late for this post, but that is why there are comments and suggestions to check and charge as needed EVERY FEW MONTHS.

Did you try plugging each into your charger and leave it lugged in like 1-2-3? days? SOME charge current will likely leak thru the FET on/off sw and may charge enough to get it going - in time. Just another idea.

Of course you will want to do this with the battery in a metal enclosed container just in case... I use 30 cal ammo cans for all my charging and another ammo can for storage.

Interesting Idea. might give it a go. :)

Last resort as you will likely break the plastic housing so it no longer goes back together. Took we 3 batts before I got it down to not destroying the case.

Yes, what to do looks easy, after breaking the case. Definitely the last resort.

Cheers.
Mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl