Phantom 2 Vision kamikaze?

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Phantom 2 vision. I have flown it 15 to 20 times and had never had a problem till today. I was flying in GPS mode about 10 ft off the ground and the Phantom decided to cut a hard right and drive itself into the floor. All 4 props broke but other than that it was okay. Remote and wifi repeater were charged and the Phantom had about 60%. I started it correctly and before I started the motors it had 8 satellites connected. I had calibrated the compass 2 days before but I was flying at the same spot so I didn't think it needed it, and there was a bit of wind but not enough to cause it to barrel roll into the floor. After I replaced the props and went to make sure it still flew steady I noticed that the sattelite count would go up to 7 or 8 then drop to 1 or 2. Besides that it still held steady. Does anybody know what could have caused this? I've reaserched but I haven't seen anything related to my problem.

Edit: Compass was calibrated in a safe area with nothing around is such as a car or cell phone

May have damaged the gps if it hit hard enough. I would be tempted to send it in and have it looked over as there could be a # of things that could cause that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic