Phantom 2 Vision-Install Additional LED Lights?

Reaction score
I've been searching online for information about adapters or methods others may have used to tap power off the P2V battery, but have had no luck so far.
I did see the original battery design had an auxiliary lead for this purpose, but the new design omitted this.
I'd really appreciate any help you could offer, as I'd like to do lots of night flying in the coming warmer months, and would like to have additional light "markers" to keep up with my bird.
Many thanks in advance ...

Options could be:
Battery powered lights (small, bright led types designed for bicycles;
Solder your own "accessory" lead to the back of the power/data connector inside the battery compartment or other suitable location.

Not a lot of other options with the smart battery setup that I can think of.

Rather than soldering and using the main battery personally I would prefer to use a separate battery. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Cree XM-L T6 based head torch and modifying it in some way. They are incredibly (very, very) bright and can be obtained cheaply from places such as banggood.

Here is a few pics of the light I installed. Wired it direct to the battery and mounted a switch on the side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,085
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,018
Here is a pic of it at night. It's super bright but I think I might make it strobe to be even more visible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 834
Thanks coreyk ...!
It looks easy enough .... but I'll need to study the photos a bit.
It's great to know it is within my reach!

WOW Count! That is impressive .... and it certainly takes care of night visual location issues.
I'm gonna give it a whirl, and see if I can replicate some of what you've done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub