Phantom 2 vision+ Gimbal issues

Reaction score
I just go a new replacement Phantom for one that I lost, and I've been having issues with the gimble. I don't have a problem with it staying level as mentioned in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Ii1i3-x3I the issue I have is that it "twitches" from side to side as I turn my Phantom. I know this is not normal, as my previous Phantom did not have this issue, the picture was rock steady. In addition to this, If I spin the phantom rapidly the camera will not center again, but get stuck on one side and not recover. This is very very aggravating if you are trying to use the FPV mode, and don't want to be looking at the landing skid instead of getting a forward view. I also get the DGI vision app telling me the gimble lock is in place when it's been removed, again only when it's moving from side to side.

I've been wondering if it may be a calibration issue with the top axis motor or if that motor may be broken. Also I did update the firmware, but because I did this before I flew the Phantom I don't know if it's a firmware issue with the camrea. I also bound a new v3 radio to the phantom and can't get it to work properly either with the DGI app, at leas the pitch knob on the radio will not pitch the camera up and down at all.

Phantom Version: DGI Phantom 2 Vision+ 1.1 (firmware version 3.8)
Radio 3.0 version with tilt wheel etc (firmware version 1.0.2.31)
ZenIMU: (firmware version 1.0.0.6)

As to your pitch wheel problem. Make sure you have "Upgraded Controller" selected in the Naza assistant program, but first you need to open the RC Assistant software and calibrate the controller.

As to the twitchy gimbal, you can make sure you have updated the camera (FC200) firmware by downloading it, extracting it, renaming it and copying it to the root directory of the SD card. Place it in the phantom and power on.

Further, do an advanced calibration in the DJI Assistant.

Battlepaw said:
I just go a new replacement Phantom for one that I lost, and I've been having issues with the gimble. I don't have a problem with it staying level as mentioned in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Ii1i3-x3I the issue I have is that it "twitches" from side to side as I turn my Phantom. I know this is not normal, as my previous Phantom did not have this issue, the picture was rock steady. In addition to this, If I spin the phantom rapidly the camera will not center again, but get stuck on one side and not recover. This is very very aggravating if you are trying to use the FPV mode, and don't want to be looking at the landing skid instead of getting a forward view. I also get the DGI vision app telling me the gimble lock is in place when it's been removed, again only when it's moving from side to side.

I've been wondering if it may be a calibration issue with the top axis motor or if that motor may be broken. Also I did update the firmware, but because I did this before I flew the Phantom I don't know if it's a firmware issue with the camrea. I also bound a new v3 radio to the phantom and can't get it to work properly either with the DGI app, at leas the pitch knob on the radio will not pitch the camera up and down at all.

Phantom Version: DGI Phantom 2 Vision+ 1.1 (firmware version 3.8)
Radio 3.0 version with tilt wheel etc (firmware version 1.0.2.31)
ZenIMU: (firmware version 1.0.0.6)

It sounds like you have crashed and bent the roll axis motor shaft. It will cause it to bind and give you the issue you are describing. If you have bent the pitch axis it can also wipe out gimbal power. It is protecting itself from over current issues.

As Dr Joe said your TX will need to calibrated in the rc assistant using the usb cable, you will need to check upgraded controller.

Jeremy James

Hmm roll as in from turing out of level? What I mean is the arm the is holding the gimble, the motor that is attached to the top of the gimble is rocking. Is that bent? I also noticed it was overheating, so if that is locking up and overheating would make sense.

How would I fix that? Also the first thing I did was calibrate the controller in RC assistant, and I don't think it did anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4