Phantom 2 Vision+ FCC compliant effective range

Reaction score
Hello,
I have purchased my Phantom 2, Vision + in USA and it is factory set for FCC compliance which is supposed to have an effective range of 800 meters (according to instruction manual, page 27).
I am using it in Europe, Croatia, I get an effective range of 400 meters, which corresponds with CE (European) compliance.
I haven't changed any setting since I have purcshased it and I presume that effective range should be as set, 800 meters.
I would like to use additional 400 meters range bit I do not want to fiddle with Assistant Software.
Do I need to turn potentiometer knob (figure 28) to full clockwise turn to achieve FCC Compliance?

Your post seems muddled, if you bought it in the USA it will likely be set on FCC slightly higher power.
If you want to change to the lower power setting for Europe (can't see why) you can turn the pot.
If you turn on the controller and it beeps twice you are on FCC, CE setting there is only one beep.

If you do turn the pot be very gentle, it only turns a little way then stops - but if you are rough you can break it clean off the board.

There's nothing to be afraid of in the Assistant software - in fact if you don't get familiar with using it you will probably run into problems after a while. In particular it's advisable to do an IMU calibration from the software every few weeks or if any lack of stability is noted.
You also need to connect to enable the useful homelock and courselock features.

4wd said:
If you turn on the controller and it beeps twice you are on FCC, CE setting there is only one beep.
Mine beeps three times. Where am I?

Astonpershing said:
I am using it in Europe, Croatia, I get an effective range of 400 meters, which corresponds with CE (European) compliance.
The range depends a lot on the topography of where you are flying.
If you fly here, you will likely get the advertised range. Maybe more:
Desert-450x232.jpg

If you fly here, I would be surprised if your range was as much as 80 meters:
manhattan-336708_450x253.jpg

Thanks to all for the answers.
As I said my Phantom is set to FCC complience mode, remote controller beeps twice when switched on. I would like to use an opportunity to fly max range in FCC which is 800 meters. But even in open, unobstructed space I am loosing connection at around 400 meters from my standpoint.
My Phantom still behaves nicely with homelock and courselock operating as it should. Therefore I was not trying to change a any settings.
I will nor now settle for the range I am having, rather than to provoke Murphy's law.
Cheers,
Aston Pershing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers