Phantom 2 Vision failed to fly

Reaction score
I just bought phantom 2 vision and assembled it according to the given instructions. However, it failed to take-off. The propellers are working fine and with full throttle but it wont lift from the ground. Can someone help please.

jaddy said:
I just bought phantom 2 vision and assembled it according to the given instructions. However, it failed to take-off. The propellers are working fine and with full throttle but it wont lift from the ground. Can someone help please.

I don't know if it's even possible to do but are you sure you put the props on meters correctly?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes i did according to the given instructions. Clock-wise and anti-clockwise. I dont know where i am going wrong. Please help

Push the throttle fully up for about three seconds. Or control your battery charge level.

Hmm... Battery is fully charged? You can hear the motors pick up speed?

the battery level was three levels and fourth level blinking. i could hear the propellers picking up speed.

Yeah but did you fully charge it or did you put it together and try to fly it out of the box?
Just sounds to me like it didn't have enough power to actually fly if everything else was setup right. Can you post a video maybe?

I charged the battery but not fully charged it. The battery level showed three green lights and fourth blinking. i will try to post the video in a day or two.

You should always let the batteries charge completely or you'll damage them.
I understand being excited to get it in the air but a damaged battery can cause big problems! Lipo batteries are can be very sensitive!

Have you calibrated the controller with the RC assistant and then again in the Phantom assistant?

I calibrated it using the given instructions. I switched the S1 knob upward and backward rapidly and when the yellow light comes i rotate it horizontally till the green light appears then did the same verically. thats all i did.

If I was you I would plug the control in and run the RC assistant and update the firmware if needed. Then do a calibration of the sticks in the RC assistant.

After that I would run the Phantom assistant and perform any software updates and then do a stick calibration in the Phantom assistant.

Sounds to me that your not getting full range of the throttle stick for take off. A 3/4 charged battery would not stop it taking off.

hmm. Thanks for this suggestion. How can i do this calibration? Plug it with laptop using USB cable? and where can i get the software needed to calibrate?

I take it you have read the manual? ;)

http://bit.ly/1lyQZYM

If on Windows you will need to install the driver and then install both the RC and Phantom assistant.
The RC assistant runs with the controller plugged into the computer (you will have to open the controller to access the USB port).
The phantom assistant runs with the Phantom plugged into your computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20