Phantom 2 Vision + Crash

Reaction score
Evening - new to the board and just recently purchased at Phantom Vision 2 +, wish I had known what I do now about the company and product. Thing flys great but had a crash and the camera popped off and resulted in the thin cheap black ribbon wire breaking. Thus far I haven't found a fix, despite the camera and drone being fine - without that cable there's no way for the camera to orient and or shoot. I have a shoot on Saturday the 14th and had purchased for that but don't know what to do. They don't sell the ribbon anywhere - and to be honest i'm surprised that someone hasn't figured out how to manufacture it - its inevitable that its going to break just from normal use.

Anyways, enough of a rant - does anyone have any suggestions? I don't think I can retrofit a h3 zenmuse gimbal on the new V2+ or if it would be worth it financially and DJI hasn't returned any emails to support as of yet.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!
Evan

The first time I saw the ribbon cable pop out I reinforced it with a bit of cellophane tape. After that it survived a minor crash nicely when the GoPro popped off (The USB came out with the ribbon cable firmly attached).

I'm not sure how it can "break". It's just a slip-in connector. Did you try slipping it back in the slot?

DJI does respond, it just takes patience and their responses are prioritized by the type of issue. Your dealer is your best resource.

He's talking about the P2V+, with integrated gimbal/camera. The ribbon cable has broken on many people..

The only solution I can think of for you is to buy one of the ridiculously expensive gimbal/cameras on ebay, then when you get yours fixed try to sell one of them to recoup some of your money.

The Ebay ones did drop $100 recently..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj