Phantom 2 Vision carry case for $65.

Reaction score
Well proud to say after looking at those quality wheelie lockable airtight,water resistant cases for a cool $195 US plus postage at around $90 dollars to get it to Sydney, Australia carrying the PV2 around in its original box seemed to be the only reasonable thing till today. For $65 Australian dollars, $59 US, purchased a CraftRight Safe Case from Bunnings hardware here in Sydney.
The case is black hard plastic with 4 locking clips and the ability to lock it with a padlock at 2 points.
Comes with 3 layers of foam 1 layer is pick and pluck , ok it's a 2 hour reconfiguration but virtually everything is accommodated, PV2 (props removed) spot for those, remote (phone clip removed, top bit only) a spot for that as well, charger and cables, 3 smart batteries, 1 being in the drone, DJI screwdriver, Propeller wrench and a little spare spots to add some AA's and a few more spare nic knacks .
I wanted to consolidate the unit for transport, no jet flights, but you never know, but to spend 25% of the gross value seemed pretty harsh. There's a fair bit of foam cutting with an exacto knife through the other 2 layers where needed and it's not showroom quality up close but I'll be taking orders at $250 dollars including postage :D if it's all to hard for anyone,
All best to everyone
John
I'll link a few pictures to this if I can.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 959
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 937
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 877
Greetings from a fellow Aussie!

I too purchased that case for my P2V from Bunnings however my experience with it wasn't as good as yours. It took a fait bit of time trying to cut the foam to suit my gear but in the end it turned into a giant crappy mess.

Pros:
-Cheap compared to the custom made alternatives
-The case itself is very well built for the price. 4 locking clips which makes it super sturdy.
-Good handles

Cons:
-Foam is pretty low quality. By the time you cut all the necessary sections it becomes so loose that every time you try to take your phantom out half of the foam gets pulled out as well. Also little tiny bits of it constantly fall off and you find it in the nooks and crannies of your equipment!
-Foam is super electrostatic. Just watch all the static build up when you play with it!
-The depth of the case is a little too small. You'll need to remove the props or remove the upper lid foam.. Also you have to cut the entire foam all the way to the bottom of the case for the Phantom to fit. This means the legs are directly against the plastic of the case (and so is the camera very close as well) so limited protection. Same thing with the controller which rests all the way to the bottom.

I really REALLY wanted to like it but I returned it. I'm now waiting for the Go Professional case (http://www.goprocases.com/xb-dji-vision.aspx) to be released in Australia (expected end of Feb) OR I may purchase the Tradecraft case (http://www.tradecraftcases.com). Both will be around $330 after shipping to Australia...very expensive I know but at least they pretty much eliminate all the Cons I discussed above.

PS: Supercheap Auto also sells an almost identical case to the Bunnings one but it has 3 layers of pick and pluck foam! The external dimensions are identical but I wonder if the interior is different.

A few more pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 983
djayz said:
Greetings from a fellow Aussie!

I too purchased that case for my P2V from Bunnings however my experience with it wasn't as good as yours. It took a fait bit of time trying to cut the foam to suit my gear but in the end it turned into a giant crappy mess.

Pros:
-Cheap compared to the custom made alternatives
-The case itself is very well built for the price. 4 locking clips which makes it super sturdy.
-Good handles

Cons:
-Foam is pretty low quality. By the time you cut all the necessary sections it becomes so loose that every time you try to take your phantom out half of the foam gets pulled out as well. Also little tiny bits of it constantly fall off and you find it in the nooks and crannies of your equipment!
-Foam is super electrostatic. Just watch all the static build up when you play with it!

-The depth of the case is a little too small. You'll need to remove the props or remove the upper lid foam.. Also you have to cut the entire foam all the way to the bottom of the case for the Phantom to fit. This means the legs are directly against the plastic of the case (and so is the camera very close as well) so limited protection. Same thing with the controller which rests all the way to the bottom.

I really REALLY wanted to like it but I returned it. I'm now waiting for the Go Professional case (http://www.goprocases.com/xb-dji-vision.aspx) to be released in Australia (expected end of Feb) OR I may purchase the Tradecraft case (http://www.tradecraftcases.com). Both will be around $330 after shipping to Australia...very expensive I know but at least they pretty much eliminate all the Cons I discussed above.

PS: Supercheap Auto also sells an almost identical case to the Bunnings one but it has 3 layers of pick and pluck foam! The external dimensions are identical but I wonder if the interior is different.

Well I'll be the test case and admit defeat....if all fails....would have preferred pick and pluck on all 3 layers....there was a lot of marking trimming and trial...we'll see...considering $330 dollar alternative with something that goes up and comes down hard at times, there is a limit on what I'll spend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan