Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Re: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

I'm near Los Angeles, I would like to buy a ribbon cable. actually i have 2 cameras and gimbals. I bought a crashed one, and i replaced some parts from both to make 1 working 1. The only thing is, it still does the "freak out dance"... I'm pretty sure it's the cable issue, but I can probably rebuild the other one with another cable. Can I buy 2?

Edward

rrmccabe said:
Jstic said:
I got the cable in the mail yesterday and installed it last nite. My cable had torn in half, and the rear arm of the gimbal had separated at the elbow. Took almost 2 hours to install the cable, but it went pretty smoothly. In the end, I now have a functioning camera, but the gimbal still twitches so I am not 100% repaired yet. But the camera does get a picture and shoots video and can take stills, unlike before.

A couple suggestions for anyone who is going to replace their cable. Start from the camera end first. Each of the connectors has a tiny little plastic lock/clip that has to be pushed up to remove the old cable. I used a very small flat blade screwdriver for this. These are only held in by pressure so flip them up gently. When installing the cable ends into the connectors, use a magnifying glass to see that you have them lined up correctly. If you have to force the little clip back down, something is wrong. Take some time and carefully observe how the cable sits in the connector BEFORE you remove your old cable. Take some pictures if you can, you will be glad you did. Don't remove the adhesive covering until you are sure that you have the cable properly positioned.

BTW, thanks to DDM for making the effort to get this part and sell them at a reasonable price.

Can you share about the connection at the circuit board? I did not spend a lot of time looking but appeared mine was glued down.

None of the cables are glued down to the mainboard they connect to. There is a tiny clip that has to be flipped up to release the cable. The cables do have an adhesive on certain parts, but it can be peeled off with care. I did not have time to make a video or take photos when I did mine, sorry.

manGneh213 said:
I'm near Los Angeles, I would like to buy a ribbon cable. actually i have 2 cameras and gimbals. I bought a crashed one, and i replaced some parts from both to make 1 working 1. The only thing is, it still does the "freak out dance"... I'm pretty sure it's the cable issue, but I can probably rebuild the other one with another cable. Can I buy 2?

Edward

Edward, check the first post of this thread for your answer

The bottom connection is messed up on mine, maybe it will be okay with just the ribbon replaced.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 532

I see the first replacement ribbon cables that made it onto E-Bay, likely bought from DDM for 15$ selling it for 130$ :?

Assholes ! So they screw someone who need one.

Richjo said:
The bottom connection is messed up on mine, maybe it will be okay with just the ribbon replaced.

Likely not as your port for the ribbon cable looks like it was chewed on by some animal. Betting a ribbon cable will not solve the problem.

Panamom Creel said:
I see the first replacement ribbon cables that made it onto E-Bay, likely bought from DDM for 15$ selling it for 130$ :?

They did not. We only shipped 1 per person, and those look like the exact sheets that we cut our ribbon cables from. I have no idea who that seller is. All ribbon cables were cut out individually by myself and none of them had hard lines in the sheet the way that those were cut. And $130 is seriously screwing people over.

DJI is watching this thread. If you have received a ribbon cable please post your results for the good of the community whether you were successful or not!

Searched all over ebay, didn't see any ribbon cables for sale. Got a link?

Will DJI acknowledge this issue? Seems like they should be offering free replacements or repairs.

As a new P2V+ owner this freaks me out.

Sticky said:
Will DJI acknowledge this issue? Seems like they should be offering free replacements or repairs.

You would hope they would!!

DDMSteve said:
Panamom Creel said:
They did not. We only shipped 1 per person, and those look like the exact sheets that we cut our ribbon cables from. I have no idea who that seller is. All ribbon cables were cut out individually by myself and none of them had hard lines in the sheet the way that those were cut. And $130 is seriously screwing people over.

DJI is watching this thread. If you have received a ribbon cable please post your results for the good of the community whether you were successful or not!

Well Steve, you know some people will do anything to make some quick money, e.g. ask friends and family to order each one ;)
But as you said they did not come from you the way they looked on the photo.

And since DJI is watching, Yes please have that Ribbon cable as a spare part, also please have the lower servo with the extremely fragile shaft as replacement part as well. Those two spare parts together will likely help fixing a large percentage of busted gimbals out there.

Steve, talk to a local engineer who has some experience working with and manufacturing this flex ribbon. Besides the damage from the crash, under the microscope he could see the normal wear and tear from the camera movement and articulation. He was surprised that it was not offered as a replacement part and estimated that 400-500 hrs before replacement would be required, due to were and tear on the polyester layers. Hopefully we will not have to wait that long.

I need a cable!!! My camera gimbal starting flipping out and then the camera popped off. ribbon cable is cut!!!!!!! I asked about retro-fitting the h3-3d gimbal before I found this page. NOT AN OPTION!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!! The vision plus setup is too fragile. the gopro version might be just the same.... I need to get this fixed! I knew I should've not wasted my money on a "Ready to Fly" model. I should've just built one. HELP PLEASE!

Sticky said:

What issue , if you crashed it , why should they repair for free ? But I agree it should be available to us.

Need urgently this cable! Please!
Otherwise this phantom sucks...really sucks... so fragile! I want a flying camera, no an too expensive flying toy

FearOfTheDark said:
Any news if you gone get these in stock again?

Get to the back of the queue for this :D

andres3020 said:
Need urgently this cable! Please!
Otherwise this phantom sucks...really sucks... so fragile! I want a flying camera, no an too expensive flying toy

Yeah, I feel the same way about the "flying camera" tag line DJI uses for the P2V+. They offer the promise of one thing but give you another. Based on everything I've seen in this and other forums, if there were any truth in advertising DJI would have to say, "Expensive, fragile, complex RC quadcopter with easily broken camera hanging on." You have to know so much more about it than the "flying camera" implies. If people were required to read the forums for a week before they were allowed to purchase one, I wonder how many fewer copters they would sell? At the moment I'm writing this, the first five pages of Active Topics on this forum contain 35 threads with subjects explicitly referring to problems, crashes and pleas for help.

On the other hand....Holy cow, it looks awesome! :cool:

Sticky said:

I agree the part SHOULD be readily available, but why should DJI be supplying the part for free? What I am about to say next is not specifically addressed to you but to all the folks complaining about how fragile the Vision+ is:

Take your cell phone and laptop outside to a parking lot, remove any protective case, and throw them straight up as high as you can. Watch what happens when they hit the pavement.... :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl