Phantom 2 Vision Battery Charger Stopped Working

Reaction score
So the other day I accidentally broke the little cover off of the battery charger for my Phantom 2 Vision, and shortly after the batteries were no longer charging on the power cord.

I assumed there was a micro switch or something in the flap that broke when I broke it off, so I purchased a new charger.

After approximately 10 charges, I went today to charge my Phantom battery, and again, without breaking the flap this time, the battery won't charge.

I'm getting power to the block, as the light is green, but when I attach the battery, nothing happens. I've switched outlets and still nothing.

Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks in advance for help on this.

How full is the battery? If it's not far off full the smart circuitry will not allow a "top up" charge when you reconnect - it's generally not good to top off lipos often. However, just to test this concept plug the battery into the charger, check the charger shows green, then "switch on" the battery (i.e. short press, long press as per starting the aircraft). This kicks it into accepting a further charge.

If that's not the issue and the battery is empty, plug into the Vision Assistant and have a look at the battery stats. It could be a bad cell in the battery causing the smart circuit to not accept a charge. The charger itself is dumb, it just pumps out 12.6 volts - the battery handles all the balancing and charge monitoring.

FlyHighPhoto said:
You Think it's 2 bad chargers to go bad in less then a week? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

When it comes to DJI, I'd believe anything can happen, hahaha.
However, it could just as easily be a bad battery.

Pull_Up said:
How full is the battery? If it's not far off full the smart circuitry will not allow a "top up" charge when you reconnect - it's generally not good to top off lipos often. However, just to test this concept plug the battery into the charger, check the charger shows green, then "switch on" the battery (i.e. short press, long press as per starting the aircraft). This kicks it into accepting a further charge.

If that's not the issue and the battery is empty, plug into the Vision Assistant and have a look at the battery stats. It could be a bad cell in the battery causing the smart circuit to not accept a charge. The charger itself is dumb, it just pumps out 12.6 volts - the battery handles all the balancing and charge monitoring.

Thank you so much for your response. The battery was not fully depleted when I tried to "top-off" the power. I tried exactly what you said, and attached the battery to the charger (which did have a green light), then long pressed it as if I was starting the Phantom, and sure enough, the battery charger then went to red, and started charging.

I tried this on my previous charger that has the small flap broken off as well, and bingo! Again, the battery accepted this and started charging!

Thank you again, so much appreciated! Now I just have an extra charger which I paid $40 for, but it could have been worse.

Thanks again,

No problems. I can't remember the % above which it won't do a top up, but 94% rings a bell. Don't quote me on that, though!

Will the charger shut off if it had a battery at 24-40%?

My charger just shut off after 1-2 mins of charging. I unplugged the charger and then battery and then double checked the capacity.

The charger and batteries have been in storage for about 2 months.
However what seemed odd is that the charger seemed a little warmer than normal for a charge.

Haven't checked the LiPo status in vision assistant yet I might need to do that.

Will the charger shut off if it had a battery at 24-40%?

My charger just shut off after 1-2 mins of charging. I unplugged the charger and then battery and then double checked the capacity.

The charger and batteries have been in storage for about 2 months.
However what seemed odd is that the charger seemed a little warmer than normal for a charge.

Haven't checked the LiPo status in vision assistant yet I might need to do that.

Don't know if you've tried this

1: Turn on the battery (green battery LEDs flashing)
2: Connect your battery to the charger
3: Powering on the charger

My charger get very warm when charging the battery's so this is normal. Agree with you though.. Check the condition of your battery via the vision assistant 1st as per your above post.;)

Good luck.

Reactions: Kurtis Jeter
Don't know if you've tried this

1: Turn on the battery (green battery LEDs flashing)
2: Connect your battery to the charger
3: Powering on the charger

My charger get very warm when charging the battery's so this is normal. Agree with you though.. Check the condition of your battery via the vision assistant 1st as per your above post.;)

Good luck.
I haven't. Checked the status since I stored them for winter with a low charge.

I will be looking into the condition for sure. What is odd is that after 10-15mins of letting the charger cool down I plugged it back in and recharged the battery and the other one with no issues.

I do have 2 batteries so it could be a battery or a issue with the charger.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20