Phantom 2 Vision Batteries

JustJames said:
miskatonic said:

Yikes!! 160!! Crap that's expensive. Seems a little greedy. Disappointing.

That was my first thought. Mind you, having just looked up the price of a sample "normal" 5200mAh lipo (£40) and a good balancing charger to keep them in top condition (£55) I suppose it's not too bad if you are new to the hobby and don't have any of the kit already. 1 hour's total flying time on the Vision will cost me an additional £212 (2 extra batteries) - they self-balance so nothing extra needed (assuming a conservative 20 mins per batt). In fact If I had a cuppa between flights then the first battery would be ready to go again by the time the third one went, so in reality it might be pushing 90 minutes air time.

If I went for an original phantom, and assuming 12 mins per battery (which I believe is fair, too) I'd need 4 extra batteries plus a decent charger = £215 - near enough the same. Plus a GoPro, plus FPV gear.

Horses for courses!

Multicopterbat said:
From this experience, I do think that Phantom 2 Vision is a very interesting piece of equipment particularly for aerial still photographing in terms of flying time, high quality camera and the ability to actually adjust the camera setting more than with any GoPro so far. The one and only disappointment was that it has 1 axle stabilization only, but this is why DJI will offer soon another model for videoshooting specially in mind.

I have more disappointments :(

IMHO the 5.8 GHz RC is a bad ideea. Lower range, lower signal power, no upgrades for RC. At least I can't find another 5.8 GHz RC. The 5.8 GHz band is used just for FPV Tx or cordless phones.

Vision is limited to ~300m range. I preffer to use 2.4 GHz RC and to upgrade my Phantom remote with a Futuba, to increase the range to 3 km +.

The WiFi FPV is another bad ideea. Lower range, again. With a 5.8 GHz, 600-1000 mW Tx can FPV to 2 km or more. If use 1.3 GHz then will have a bigger range and better signal.

Yes, we know. Just waiting for someone to buy one and tell us if it works or not.

DJIs' picture of a destroyed battery appears, to me, to be a bit disingenuous. I get it that DJI has supplied a high-quality product, but that doesn't mean that someone else couldn't do the same. I think DJI is afraid that someone else will successfully level the playing field, albeit, at a lower cost. Isn't that what the free-market concept is all about? Being a little less "robust" doesn't mean they are dangerous.

I will post my honest findings when mine arrives. That's all anybody can do. The "Pilots" are the final source for determining what is or isn't accurate disclosure, because they have the most to lose....or gain.

Geert said:
nukerc said:
Happyflyer said:
Yes, we know. Just waiting for someone to buy one and tell us if it works or not.

Hi Happyflyer, it seems DJI has tested the Nuke Rc Phantom 2 Clone Batteries and released an official report, other than the plastic being a "potential" issue everything else seemed to work fine :)

http://www.dji.com/info/news/dji-unoffi ... es-warning

It is more like a joke to me. DJI is warning for problems with third part batteries but they do not admit they have problems with their own batteries.
Many have problems now with the original DJI batteries.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18044#p164811

Geert.

Check out our Blog for our Replies back to DJI's "official" report; http://nukerc.com/blog/cat/new/post/DJI ... says_good/

It's been a while. Please if anyone has these, and you wouldn't mind giving some quick feedback on the product (in this thread) that would be awesome. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4