Phantom 2 Vision Batteries

Reaction score
So, all of you who preordered the Vision, did anyone order extra batteries for their aircraft?
Are extra batteries even available?
Does everyone plan on flying their Vision for about 18 minutes and then waiting an hour or so for the battery to charge up?
I have yet to see any battery adapters that will work with the contacts on the new batteries.

Its pretty new and as the v2 regular phantom will likely share the lower shell and battery it will be available to get new batteries soon enough. 3rd party guys will surely also make a battery adapter or other batteries to fit, this will take some time as im sure not many 3rd party guys have got their a vision yet to work on alternative battery solutions.

Having not had a close look at the Batt pack on new vision, from reading the forum so far I would have thought that being a modeller that you could re-model a new one. We did this on a Thunder Tiger helicopter,. The way it was done was to cut the plastic box of the battery open very ,very carefully, disconnect the battery and solder a new one in and tape back the box, this all depends on how much room there is in the battery box and if you were good with a soldering iron. As I have not had a look at the new Vision and will not bother getting one, I am happy with what the one I have, it doe's great with the GO-PRO Black and the matching gimbal and I have put in the up-grade board, so I do not think I have not much difference to the Vision., any way if you want to try the mod above it may save you on money later. Hope this work's for you it did on the heli and the battery's run at about £60 a time a few year's ago. Happy videoing.

I pre ordered vision about a month ago from first person vision asked about spare battery's the reply I got was they didn't know but if you look at the battery pack its a battery in a case so maybe you could just put a fresh battery in this case...have to wait and see..?

Got this from Dronefly.com

Yes we will be as soon as Dji releases the spare parts and accessories.

Thanks!
The DroneFly Support Team

BrewserB said:
Got this from Dronefly.com

Yes we will be as soon as Dji releases the spare parts and accessories.

Thanks!
The DroneFly Support Team

Haha.
And when will that be?

Talk to an S800 EVO owner about getting spare propellers. How long have they been on the market for now? 3 months?

I always try to get extra batteries when I get something like this, but could not see where they are offered.

I am sure that we will be able to get them.

andysydney said:
So, all of you who preordered the Vision, did anyone order extra batteries for their aircraft?
Are extra batteries even available?
Does everyone plan on flying their Vision for about 18 minutes and then waiting an hour or so for the battery to charge up?
I have yet to see any battery adapters that will work with the contacts on the new batteries.

Hi,

I just asked this question to one of the official listed UK DJI dealers. The answer was that there are no shipments of 'spare' vision batteries as yet, but watch this space!!

I have no idea if the battery can be taken out of the provided case and another typical type used.

DJI`s policy is always to announce everything as late as possible. This applies to their dealers as well, meaning that they dont get any information before the public and sometimes not even then. Vision batteries have been announced yesterday to dealers and it will be available soon, which again doesnt mean that it would be available in 1-2 weeks time, which one might expect with such a nice new products like Vision that definitively would need extra batteries in most cases.

Regarding the flying time, tests have shown that it sure can be more or less 20 minutes safely, as the Vision samples dealers got were equipped with 4400mAh battery instead of 5200mAh that is the one Vision is being shipped with. From this experience, I do think that Phantom 2 Vision is a very interesting piece of equipment particularly for aerial still photographing in terms of flying time, high quality camera and the ability to actually adjust the camera setting more than with any GoPro so far. The one and only disappointment was that it has 1 axle stabilization only, but this is why DJI will offer soon another model for videoshooting specially in mind.

I just picked up my Vision yesterday and had my first flight today...sweet. I had the same questions. I bought it Aerilamediapros in Costa mesa because they are only 15 min from my house and happened to have them in stock. Before i left I asked the same questions. I wanted an extra battery and prop guards and maybe extra props though they do come with an extra set. I'm totally new to this and predicted that I would probably bang up some props trying to figure this thing out. I have to say though its pretty easy to fly. Man it's cool. Anyway I did see some 8" props are available and will fit but will no doubt decrease performance. So I'm looking and waiting too. Incidentally the guys at Aerialmediapros (who were super cool and informative) said that it will be awhile before any spare stuff will come out. I took a risk knowing this but wanted the capabilities of the Vision. Hopefully I won't need spare parts too soon in the near future. Gulp.

James

Seems a little steep for a battery, has anyone weighed this battery Id love to see how it compares to other LiPo batteries at around the same capacity. I assume it must be as light or lighter then just about all other batteries at 5200mah and so could justify a price premium if no comparable batteries are available by others.

Studiowise said:
miskatonic said:

Yep, just seen someone will have them in the UK 8th November £110.00 GBP + delivery

www.firstpersonview.co.uk have them listed at £106.37 with free delivery, but no eta on an in stock date. Speaking to their customer services they say they ere expecting battery and prop stocks "soon". (Props are up at £8.99 a pair, btw).

Thats pretty impressive then to get 5200mah capacity out of such a lightweight battery as thats including its housing which would likely put the battery on its own below 300g. I havent seen any LiPo batteries even close to that weight and capacity so looks like you will simply need to buy DJI batteries for quite a while if you want to keep the same performance and flight times.

Just been informed by my supplier that Phantom vision batteries are available to order...should ready for shipping next week or so. AND THE COST WILL BE £106 each
I THOUGHT MAYBE £60 OR £70 but £106. Ah well I got my £86 rebate so its not that big a hit. I'll let you guys across the pond tell us the dollar price and see how it compares

Pull_Up said:
Studiowise said:
miskatonic said:

Yep, just seen someone will have them in the UK 8th November £110.00 GBP + delivery

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk have them listed at £106.37 with free delivery, but no eta on an in stock date. Speaking to their customer services they say they ere expecting battery and prop stocks "soon". (Props are up at £8.99 a pair, btw).

Thanks for heads up. Need those props and a back up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr