Phantom 2 Vision+ and telemetry without the RE700 WIFI Extender ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have removed 2 cables from the inside and connected 6-pin-6-wire cable from the WIFI to the CAM port or however it is named, is is right there where that 6pin is connected into the WIFI.

Now the WIFI gets normaly warm when I tunr my Phantom ON but I cannot connect ? My phone does not see its WIFI network. I dont have the range extender, is that the problem ? Can someone please try to connect to the bird without RE700 extender to see if it suppose to find it ?

Thanks a lot !

Bird WILL NOT connect without extender
Bird talks to extender ONLY
Extender talks to ( bird and smart device ) back and forth
Smart device talk to extender ONLY

If you have an android device, you can buy the app InSSIDer, it will scan for hidden wifi signals! At least you'll know if your wifi unit is working,
Turn on bird only, scan for 2.4ghz signal starting with ( 60:60:1f )

J Dot

Reactions: Karanba
Oh, that stinks. So I need to buy that, previous owner dooped me and sold it to me without it, I got no knowledge about Phantoms then.

And then I will be able to get everything except FPV ? Will I be able to use Waypoints then ? I am planing to connect GoPro on those 2 cables that are on WIFI - CAM port.

Thanks a lot

Now that I'm not 100% sure about, I do know if you use a go-pro you'll need FPV equipment, transmitter, receiver, and monitor! As far as telemetry, that depended on if the wifi unit holds that info or the camera does? I own a p2v non plus, they work the same, but my camera is all in one, yours is 2 pieces, camera/wifi unit. I don't have a lot of experience with the plus versions! I understand how they work, but until I have one to dig deeper. I'd only be guessing!

Next
What happened to your stock + camera? Why not go back to stock?
Instead of gopro? Just wondering?

You can buy all replacement parts for that camera on eBay fairly cheap.
Then all you need is extender, I'm sure you can get one for a good deal, if you ask around here! You need the RE700 but the much cheaper RE500 will work as well, but with slightly lesser range!

J Dot

The Wi-Fi extender has be bound to the quads Wi-Fi transmitter order to receive both telemetry and video. It use the MAC address to set up the communication link. You need a Wi-Fi extender if that is vision + bird.

Yes it is Vision+ but without original gimbal or the camera. I bought it without those parts.

I have mounted Storm32 3 axis gimbal and it works great with 7th channel pitch control but I was hoping that I dont need that **** extender.

Oh, that stinks. So I need to buy that, previous owner dooped me and sold it to me without it, I got no knowledge about Phantoms then.

And then I will be able to get everything except FPV ? Will I be able to use Waypoints then ? I am planing to connect GoPro on those 2 cables that are on WIFI - CAM port.

Thanks a lot

You need the RE700 range extender. Make sure its the RE700 and NOT the RE500 (less range).
You will need to do a MANUAL rebind with WIFI module.
Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

Make sure you have the last 6 digits of your wifi module's mac address available. If not, use the Android wifi analyser app to find what the phantoms' mac address is.

Tnx, I will search only for RE700.

I will make photo of the WIFI module so I have the MAC address or even leave it open so I can take a photo of QR code on it. Dont know if there is a code on the box.

So I need to buy this and connect GoPro to those 2 wires inside to get the FOV. That will be PITA sonce those wires are insanely thin.

What types of pins are on those gray cables ? Can they be removed from the plug and how ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers