Phantom 2 Vision + aftermarket gimbal lock

CocoPops said:
Any chance you could print one for me Dave? (Or another uk owner)

Will happily send paypal or bank transfer to cover costs.

Drop me a pm if you can help?

Thanks,
Lee

z10m said:
I'm also from UK and would buy one too.
What is the volume of that.?

Quite happy to print any for UK members (if OK with Falcon20cne)
Just also making a little sorbothane rubber fitting to cover where the lens sits,
for a bit of extra protection.

Will need to find out about postage etc

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 365
falcon20cne said:
Fine with me, glad its been so well received.

Many thanks, it is a great alternative design for the otherwise PITA clamp that comes with it :)

And a extra plus, your version is no where near that ribbon cable :D

falcon20cne said:
. The other option I played with was making the portion that locked to the leg taller (like the one for the non-vision model), but that increased weight.

Scott

Great idea, thanks Scott, I hear what you say about weight,
but we don't fly with it in place , so not part of the equation, surely?

I was more concerned with the weight partially hanging by the fragile gimbal. Remember this was in reference to the clamp not being AS secure to the leg which would have left a portion of the gimbal locks weight being supported by the camera. So by making the lock tighter to the leg I was able to reduce weight, plastic required and how much would be supported by the camera. Also don't get me wrong I did test a looser clamp and was not happy with the results.

Man this thing is expensive through shape ways. They war $38 just to print. Once I ship it to Canada I am like $60.

What 3d printer is everyone using? Thinking about getting one. What work area do I need?

quality control said:
Man this thing is expensive through shape ways. They war $38 just to print. Once I ship it to Canada I am like $60.

What 3d printer is everyone using? Thinking about getting one. What work area do I need?

I found a local shop that does 3D printing. I mail them the files and they quote a price. Easy peasy. Maybe a local printing shop or a stationery suppliers might have one? Just a thought.

Connor

happydays said:
quality control said:

I found a local shop that does 3D printing. I mail them the files and they quote a price. Easy peasy. Maybe a local printing shop or a stationery suppliers might have one? Just a thought.

Connor

Not sure but I will look into it. Without spending $1500 on a good printer I guess I could spend the $120 and get one for each although that does seem expensive for a lock.

CocoPops said:
Received roday.

Fab!

Thankyou to designer and maker!

Glad you received it OK :)

If Shapeways is a ripoff
Then I am quite happy to print and send International, if members want, but I will need to check International postage
for different countries, fortunately is does not weigh that much if packed in a small box. :)

Dave

Printed another one of these for a friend and he absolutely loves it.....Just wanted to Thank You Again falcon20cne for sharing your design...Nylon seems to be a really good medium to print this out as it has a little flexibility to allow easier attachment to the strut of the P2V+..

Fritz,

sounds like a cool idea, Ill give it a shot, but it may take a while as I currently don't have any black filament. Ill see if I can get the object created sooner.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20