Phantom 2 Vision + aftermarket gimbal lock

That's pretty cool, are you selling them? Or there are places out there that I can have print and ship to me aren't there?

And, the bright orange is a big plus for not forgetting to remove before powering up. How do we get one?

ryanhoelzer
There are online services like shapeways that will print and ship. I see so many items out there that cost and was just hoping to donate my time to try and make things better without adding cost. That being said, I guess I could ebay some in order to cover actual costs and shipping (this would be much cheaper than places like shape ways).

Fritz
Took about 1.5 hours to print on a Replicator 2, I haven't tried it on me rewrap delta yet.

On the orange thats exactly right on, I went as far as to put a flag on my GoPro phantom, similar to the ones that say "Remove before flight"

If anyone does print one I would really appreciate your comments. I made this one much tighter on the phantoms leg and would value feedback to try and improve it.

Looks very nice

I may try and print one in red tomorrow, I have no orange filament :)

Did you just use supports when printing, with the way it is layed out on
Thingiverse ?

Dave

I added this after my gimble support came off during a airline flight .
Works like a charm and keeps all snug

Attachments

• rsz_img_0670.jpg
    rsz_img_0670.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 425
  • rsz_img_0672.jpg
    rsz_img_0672.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 404
  • rsz_img_0671.jpg
    rsz_img_0671.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 429
falcon20cne,

Would you be willing to provide the file for printing that? for a price of course. I have a friend who would like to print some pieces for me. Understand if no.

Thanks for your work,

Ron

falcon20cne, I have printed 3 of your items, one for myself and one for each of my flying buddies and we absolutely love them. I would definitely agree with you to print on a raft as the surface area for the print is minimal and tends to pull up during printing. As far as the fit, mine fit perfectly and the mount at the leg was a little snug at first but I used an Acetone fume bath smooth out the final part as I used ABS to print and it fit perfectly. I also printed one in clear Nylon and the flexibility of the nylon also made for a great fit. My printing time was 48 minutes for each.

Thanks for your design and sharing now I will not forget to remove that darn camera support any longer before each flight...

Regards,

John

Thanks, dataway. I hadn't noticed the download link. And thanks falcon20cne for your generous sharing and work.

Ron

nice little piece of orangeness there. :D

what is the issue with just letting the camera rock around on its pivots in transit? it only moves the same as it does in use and it isn't like there is a ton of moving mass to worry about, are they that fragile??

Thanks for the feedback dataway.

The other option for printing might be to scale up to make it loosen on the leg. That part was specifically the most difficult and was kind of a judgment call since I know everyone will have slightly different tolerances on their printers. I did test a few with a looser fit, but those allowed the lock to ride up and down the leg so much that I didn't feel it was really locking the gimbal. The other option I played with was making the portion that locked to the leg taller (like the one for the non-vision model), but that increased weight.

On the raft, I figured doing it in that orientation was better than needing to do supports and I really didn't want to make it look ugly by purposely making the base bigger.

Thanks again for the feed back, if you have any recommendations let me know.

Scott

Thanks again, printed one out in red :)

I was printing in ABS, and scaled it up by 1.0200 %
resulted in a perfect fit for me :)

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 386
Any chance you could print one for me Dave? (Or another uk owner)

Will happily send paypal or bank transfer to cover costs.

Drop me a pm if you can help?

Thanks,
Lee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31