Phantom 2 version 3 gimbal help

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just bought a Phantom FC40 and my dad has just bought a Phantom 2 version 3, with the latest transmitter, new motors etc.

On the phantom 2 v3 is it possible to fit a gimbal other than the zenmuse one and still have it work as it should and have 7th channel control using the wheel on the TX?

Have read many contradictory things!

Thanks in advance

plymouthphantom said:
Hi guys,

I have just bought a Phantom FC40 and my dad has just bought a Phantom 2 version 3, with the latest transmitter, new motors etc.

On the phantom 2 v3 is it possible to fit a gimbal other than the zenmuse one and still have it work as it should and have 7th channel control using the wheel on the TX?

Have read many contradictory things!

Thanks in advance

Can be done but you will need a steep learning curve.
Your best bet would be to get the zenmuse. Its a simpler conversion.

Here is a link on the good luck buy on a non vision p2
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32664&start=10

You will need to know what cables go into the wifi for video, which cable to intercept for the power, you will need to know which cable goes into the f2 port in the naza for tilt.

Read here and you'll find that it has been done.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 815&page=6

Thanks

It's a phantom 2, but the latest revision so version 3. It runs on 2.4ghz control. It is *not* a vision or vision plus.

I can connect it up no worries. It's wether it behaves itself as it should do and how (or if it's possible) to adjust settings to make it work.

plymouthphantom said:
Thanks

It's a phantom 2, but the latest revision so version 3. It runs on 2.4ghz control. It is *not* a vision or vision plus.

I can connect it up no worries. It's wether it behaves itself as it should do and how (or if it's possible) to adjust settings to make it work.

It behaves like it should.

In regards the newer upgraded phantom 2's..
In the vision 5.8 ghz range:
Ver1 = Golf ball camera.
Ver2 = Original Vision plus with 3 axis.
Ver3 = Vision plus with upgraded 2312 motors/esc/tilt dial.

In the normal (non vision) 2.4 ghz range
Ver1 = Phantom 2
Ver2 = Phantom 2 with upgraded 2312 motors/esc/tilt dial.

Therefore you have the P2 Ver2.

plymouthphantom said:
Thanks

The poster above is correct. You have a Phantom 2 version 2.0 - there is no version 3.0 for the non-Vision Phantoms.

plymouthphantom said:
Oh, so are these two stores lying about what they are selling then? As they list both Phantom 2 version 2 and version 3.

http://www.ushobby.com/dji-phantom-2-version-3-p-243.html

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/DJI-Innovations/DJI-Phantom-2-V3/p-182-2602/

I don't know if they're lying or just mistaken. There are only TWO versions of the non-Vision series Phantom 2... the v1, and the new "v2" which has the upgraded motors and RC with the built-in battery and little wheel to control the gimbal.
There is no Phantom 2 v3

There IS a Phantom 2 VISION+ version 3.0. As you hopefully know the Phantom 2 VISION series have a built-in gimbal and camera, basically they are for folks who don't want to mod or tinker with their systems at all, and are willing to sacrifice video quality for simplicity and a pretty app.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to "will a different gimbal work with the wheel on the new RC" question. I personally recommend sticking to the Zenmuse gimbals on a Phantom 2 since they were designed to work properly together

There is some confusion because there are several versions of P2NV:

P2NV for H3-2D v1(small hole)
P2NV with P1 stuff convertion called v1.5
P2NV for H3-3D v2 (bigger hole) for some people, v1.x for others (I'm using x, don't know if there is any number for this v)
P2NV improved v3 for some, v2 for others.

So, read carefully the description and the pictures if you are going to buy one.

HTH

FedeVision said:
P2NV with P1 stuff convertion called v1.5
P2NV for H3-3D v2 (bigger hole) for some people, v1.x for others (I'm using x, don't know if there is any number for this v)

So, read carefully the description and the pictures if you are going to buy one.

HTH

I'm trying to be friendly so please don't take this the wrong way, but I humbly disagree with some of your statements. There really is no such thing as a Phantom 2 version 1.5 ... there is a Phantom 1 version 1.5, which is a gen1 Phantom, completely different than a Phantom 2. Googling "phantom 2 1.5" only returns results for the Phantom 1 1.5. my point is, a P1 with conversions to some P2 equipment is still a Phantom 1, not a P2.

You're correct that there were different versions of the Phantom 2 v1, the early version for the H3-2D didn't have a hole in the body to accommodate a H3-3D, but since the H3-3D became the standard kit all P2's do indeed have that hole, but there was never any designation between those models... at least officially by DJI. If some random vendors wanted to start making up version numbers that's on them for broadcasting bad information... but DJI officially only has a v1 and v2.

anyway, it's not that big of a deal... I DO completely agree with you about carefully reading descriptions and fully understanding what you're buying before you pull the trigger! :)
I'd append that to include buying from a major, well known vendor like B&H or even Amazon where at least you're sure to get the right part.

Officially, there is NO Phantom 2 non-Vision version 3 from DJI. I don't believe there is an unofficial P2 non-Vision v3, either.

What QYV reports is correct.

QYV said:
I'm trying to be friendly so please don't take this the wrong way, but I humbly disagree with some of your statements.

Don't worry, never would take it the wrong way, glad that is clearer now, even for me, ;)

Hmmm This is confusing now,
I have been looking at ebay adds from sellers here in Australia and they all state they are selling the latest version Phantom 2 V3 (yep the one using the gopro) and it can be bought with either a H4 OR H3 gimbal (your choice).
Thats the confusing part, you see I want to buy one as I assume it would have all the best of all the P2 bits with most bugs ironed out of it.
I had a Phantom 2 Version 2 (the first one with upgraded motors and controller with the green lights) It was sooo much better than my original P2. Now I want to buy another one but cant seem to confirm if the V3 really exists or not.

From what I can see the (unofficial) versions are like this...

Phantom 2 original (v1 - h3-2d compatible - no clearance hole for H3-3D)
Phantom 2 original (v1) (But with minor changes - such as the hole for the H3-3D gimbal - so lets call this V1.5)
Phantom 2 ver 2 - upgraded bits, with new controller.

Alternate gimbal?

Take a look at the DYS 3axis - Here's a video of it on the Phantom 2.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They work, but need additional setup (PID settings - google it)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmmm This is confusing now,
I have been looking at ebay adds from sellers here in Australia and they all state they are selling the latest version Phantom 2 V3 (yep the one using the gopro) and it can be bought with either a H4 OR H3 gimbal (your choice).
Thats the confusing part, you see I want to buy one as I assume it would have all the best of all the P2 bits with most bugs ironed out of it.
I had a Phantom 2 Version 2 (the first one with upgraded motors and controller with the green lights) It was sooo much better than my original P2. Now I want to buy another one but cant seem to confirm if the V3 really exists or not.
Hi Thunderbird 2, If you are in Sydney try Camzilla in Lindfield they will look after you and answer any questions.

Johnbig

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic