Phantom 2 V3

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

I am after a bit of help and advice.

I bought a Phantom 1 a little over 1 yr ago, did the 1.5 upgrades including shell, board etc, had an H3-3D Gimbal, Immersion FPV, Futaba TX, but was very disappointed with flight time. I was unable to source a suitable larger capacity battery and couldn't get my head around modifying what I had to take the Phantom 2 Battery. Flight time with all my kit was only about 6 minutes. I was using 2 x 2200mah batteries, weight was the killer and I couldn't get it down.

So I have bitten the bullet and should take delivery of my new Phantom 2 V3 on Monday or Tuesday. I have also ordered a new H3-3D Gimbal with it as mine was one of the originals. It is claimed that flight time with the H3-3D Gimbal is 20 - 25 minutes. I have seen a video of the new version lifting a number of Phantom Shells and it is claimed it has a higher weight capability.

Can anyone advise me how accurate this is in the real world. I will be transferring my FPV Transmitter and would like to add the iOSD mini and the iPad Ground Station kit. How much will this impact on my flight time? I will be using this for making movies and the FPV is mainly just to frame the shot. I have a monitor that I piggy back to my Fat Shark Goggles but will probably invest in a better one if the new Phantom performs as I hope it will.

Is it worth using my Futaba TX or is the new Dji one good enough for the Phantom 2?

I have yet to decide what to do with my original Phantom. It hasn't had much use and has plenty of spares. I may try and sell it or even strip it down and and stick a light weight FPV camera on it and just have fun :)

AFAIK, there is no non-Vision Phantom 2 v3. The non-Vision Phantom 2's are still on v2.

I would expect about 15-17 minutes of safe flying time with the P2 and all the added stuff.

I suggest just using the stock RC since it comes with it. If you find it inadequate, then change later...

You can also just stick the P1's guts into a P2's shell.

Ali in Austria said:
So I have bitten the bullet and should take delivery of my new Phantom 2 V3 on Monday or Tuesday. I have also ordered a new H3-3D Gimbal with it as mine was one of the originals. It is claimed that flight time with the H3-3D Gimbal is 20 - 25 minutes. I have seen a video of the new version lifting a number of Phantom Shells and it is claimed it has a higher weight capability.

Can anyone advise me how accurate this is in the real world. I will be transferring my FPV Transmitter and would like to add the iOSD mini and the iPad Ground Station kit. How much will this impact on my flight time? I will be using this for making movies and the FPV is mainly just to frame the shot. I have a monitor that I piggy back to my Fat Shark Goggles but will probably invest in a better one if the new Phantom performs as I hope it will.

I think this is a P2 V2.0. The V3.0 is the P2 Vision product line.

On my P2 with FPV gear I dont get much more than 12 - 15 minutes down to 25% battery.

20-25 mins is what they claim you might get without any FPV gear at all, just the bare P2. The most I ever got before I fitted my gimbal was 20 mins.

Ali in Austria said:
Thanks fellas.

Yes, the designation V3 is the product model version.
There is no V3 unless you have a vision+.
You have a V2.

Hughie said:
Ali in Austria said:
Thanks fellas.

You have a V2.
Ok some are using a loophole .
P2/h3-2d =v1
P2/h3-3d =v2
P2/h3-3d (2.0)v3
I don't look at it that way but some are 2.0 is the latest anything 3 or 3.0 I see as the vision ..

750r said:
Hughie said:
Ali in Austria said:
Thanks fellas.

You have a V2.
Ok some are using a loophole .
P2/h3-2d =v1
P2/h3-3d =v2
P2/h3-3d (2.0)v3
I don't look at it that way but some are 2.0 is the latest anything 3 or 3.0 I see as the vision ..

The versioning scheme I am using is DJIs own.

I'm with ya seems sellers are not and some around here are not that's how they break it down that's why we get the confusion . Go back to the P1 look how them numbers ran I have the 1.1.1 witch is the newest / last version made .
I say only 2 versions of the P2 too. P2 with 2 differnt gimbals and P2 with the upgrades (2.0) :mrgreen:
All that needs said is 2.0 we will all know what bird . ;)

I agree, I think the problem is with the sellers. They are confused by the versioning, and so it is reasonable that everyone they sell to will be too. The store which sold me my P2 V2.0 even had V3.0 on the invoice. When it arrived it had V2.0 on the box. I threatened to return it until they worked out what they had done and explained it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31