Phantom 2 V3 Transmitter USB

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can clarify something for me.

Recently bought the Phantom 2 V3 Vision +, I sat down to upgrade all the firmware. First I installed the DJI driver, followed by the Vision + Assitant then the RC Assistant.

I plugged the Phantom into the PC, hear the USB windows bing noise. FIred up the Vision + assitant and upgrade all the required firmware. Next I close and plug in the transmitter, the light goes red on it to indicate charging but no USB windows noise suggesting anything has been plugged in. I then turn the transmitter on, the light now goes green and the four LED's scroll from left to right green. Yet still no noise from Windows detecting a new device. Not to much surprise when i then launch the RC Assitant it doesnt detect the controller. I've tried this on 4 PC's now (Windows 7 & 8), different USB cables and same results for all of them.

Question, should you hear the windows new device plugged in noise when the transmitter is plugged into the PC?

My reseller has agreed to have a look, just double checking i'm not making an obvious mistake before packing the whole lot up and shipping back.

Cheers

I found this statement on a forum post, is this correct and hence my issue?

*Note to new Phantom 2 Vision+ owners, or anyone thinking about getting one*: They are great, don't get me wrong, but as of this date (Nov 20, 2014) the manual that comes with them or is accessible online hasn't been updated since the Phantom 1. If you get a new P2V+, and the remote control has its own, rechargeable LIPO battery built into it (instead of the earlier version, which uses 4-AA batteries), there's something you need to know to connect it to your computer in order to use the Vision Assistant software which calibrates and can re-configure the controller. The current manuals (Pg 47) say to connect the controller directly to the computer using the supplied micro-USB cable. WRONG.
-
Here's what you need to do:
0. Be sure the Vision Assistant software and the DJI Driver (for WIN or MAC) are installed on your computer.
1. Use the supplied micro-USB cable to connect your computer to the port in the front of the quadcopter (under the little flap).
2. Turn on the controller.
3. Remove the gimbal clamp and lens cap from the camera.
4. Activate the battery in the quadcopter.
-
Once the quadcopter is on, the controller is on, and the quadcopter is connected to the computer via the micro-USB cable, THEN you'll be able to start the DJI Vision Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software and perform calibrations, and/or switch from the default "Phantom" mode to the more advanced "NAZA-M" mode, make configuration changes, etc

You should be able to connect the transmitter to the RC assistant. Maybe the usb port is broken? Hopefully your reseller will get to the bottom of it.
Ignore the statement you referred to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj