phantom 2 v2 burnt esc replaced and still a no go

Reaction score
A friend purchased a second had phantom 2, he has crashed it, we opened it up and noticed the black shadowing on the upper shell arm - smouldering marks from the burnt mosfet chips (front left). Replaced the ESC and turned back on and there was an unusual beep from the opposite esc (right Rear). Replaced that esc as well. restarted the drone again and now all the motors are not working.

i have been googling for info but all have said just replace the ESC and you should be good to go...

is there anything else that we can do as this drone is not covered by any warranty as it was purchased second hand....

I am at a loss as to why it has totally stopped working, i havent touched the other two esc's either so those motors should still turn on...

could something else have happened in the crash that has could have been triggered when opening up the drone? (yes i know no one is telepathic etc, im just asking incase someone else has had this issue with their drone... im clutching at straws here, my mate really wants his drone up in the air)

A friend purchased a second had phantom 2, he has crashed it, we opened it up and noticed the black shadowing on the upper shell arm - smouldering marks from the burnt mosfet chips (front left). Replaced the ESC and turned back on and there was an unusual beep from the opposite esc (right Rear). Replaced that esc as well. restarted the drone again and now all the motors are not working.

i have been googling for info but all have said just replace the ESC and you should be good to go...

is there anything else that we can do as this drone is not covered by any warranty as it was purchased second hand....

I am at a loss as to why it has totally stopped working, i havent touched the other two esc's either so those motors should still turn on...

could something else have happened in the crash that has could have been triggered when opening up the drone? (yes i know no one is telepathic etc, im just asking incase someone else has had this issue with their drone... im clutching at straws here, my mate really wants his drone up in the air)

There are only two reasons why the motors will not spin up either the battery spring loaded info pins are not making contact with the copper pads on the battery or the GPS module isn't plugged in on the main board.

Did you replace the ESC modules with DJI original parts or aftermarket replacements.

Hi Jason and thankyou for your replay . I ordered from ebay and they were labled with spare part NO.7 esc V2.0 phantom 2 vision. I have only replaced the two esc's and have not touched the other two... i will check the battery connection and the gps was plugged in. There has been some sort of smoldering on the camera plug as well but im presuming that is not the reason why the motors would stop working.

Hi Jason and thankyou for your replay . I ordered from ebay and they were labled with spare part NO.7 esc V2.0 phantom 2 vision. I have only replaced the two esc's and have not touched the other two... i will check the battery connection and the gps was plugged in. There has been some sort of smoldering on the camera plug as well but im presuming that is not the reason why the motors would stop working.

The original ESC module were v2.0 and if you have a P2 non-vision v2.0 the ccw motors should have an all black shaft and those required v2.1 ESC modules. So check the labels and see which ones you bought. Now if the ccw motors have just a black dot on the end of the shaft it's the original P2 v1 and those P2s use the v2.0 ESC which of course are no longer available from authorized dealers but the v2.1 are still available. So the bottom line is if you have a P2 v2 you installed the wrong boards and of course not knowing the difference things happen.

yeah these were v2.1 hense why we change the other oposite esc as well... so what would happen if i change all esc to the v2.1 and replace all motors.....

yeah these were v2.1 hense why we change the other oposite esc as well... so what would happen if i change all esc to the v2.1 and replace all motors.....

Which motors do you have?? There are two types motors used for the P2 v1 and P2 v2. The ccw motors on the P2 v1 had a black dot on the end of the motor shaft and they were 2212 while the ccw motors P2 v2 had an all black shaft and those were the 2312.

It is very rare to have damaged motors especially all four. More likely you may have a damaged battery terminal where the battery information pins are not making connect with the copper pads on the battery itself an that will cause the motors not to start. The other would be the GPS module in the top shell is not connected to the main board when when you try to start the motors. Incorrect wiring of the ESC modules would only create problems for the two motors but not all four.

Here are couple photos of the ESC wiring and one of the battery terminals showing the spring loaded pins.

IMG_0016.jpg

P2 battery terminal.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31